Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Poll: Which database handlers would be important to you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
MS-SQL
25.60%
32 25.60%
DB2
2.40%
3 2.40%
Interbase
4.00%
5 4.00%
Oracle
10.40%
13 10.40%
AWS ...
8.00%
10 8.00%
PDO
49.60%
62 49.60%
Total 125 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[feature] Database Handlers

"most popular databases" doesn't mean anything. Databases used for big data, business intelligence and cloud services will affect those results. You should look for most popular databases for PHP web application.
CodeIgniter 4 tutorials (EN/FR) - https://includebeer.com
/*** NO support in private message - Use the forum! ***/

(09-25-2019, 10:05 AM)includebeer Wrote: "most popular databases" doesn't mean anything. Databases used for big data, business intelligence and cloud services will affect those results. You should look for most popular databases for PHP web application.

If you have done what you suggest you might have noticed that the players are the same albeit in a different order. (And still no mention of PDO)

(09-25-2019, 07:18 PM)dave friend Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 10:05 AM)includebeer Wrote: "most popular databases" doesn't mean anything. Databases used for big data, business intelligence and cloud services will affect those results. You should look for most popular databases for PHP web application.

If you have done what you suggest you might have noticed that the players are the same albeit in a different order. (And still no mention of PDO)

Yes, they're the same, but the order is important. CI dev team won't support 15 databases. They'll support the most popular.
CodeIgniter 4 tutorials (EN/FR) - https://includebeer.com
/*** NO support in private message - Use the forum! ***/

I would choose MariaDB(MySQL) and(or) PostgreSQL :/
I would change this world, but God doesn't give me the source.

(09-26-2019, 11:37 AM)Digital_Wolf Wrote: I would choose MariaDB(MySQL) and(or) PostgreSQL :/

That's what we have at the moment. The purpose of the thread was to determine other candidates & prioritize them.
It sounds like most support is for a CI4 PDO driver.

(09-25-2019, 07:18 PM)dave friend Wrote:

PDO wouldn't be mentioned, it's a database abstraction layer, not a database. Thus, it wouldn't be appropriate to list it in a list of commonly used databases. However, if you take that list and see which have PDO drivers, you'll find that many of those are covered by it. Next, you would want to look at commonly used DBAL/ORM solutions on PHP, and see how many of those are PDO based.

Here, with CI i'm using like hybrid cars ... MariaDB and/or SQLite, via the CI's orm.

how about including mongodb as another databases, i like mongodb cause its just can make mindblow field or another nested field. i dunno i just interested using mongodb

Oh...I'm Sorry...
I created Oracle driver. I without reading this topic.

Is my PR unnecessary?

https://github.com/codeigniter4/CodeIgniter4/pull/2487

@ytetsuro Your PR is very welcome, and reflects a lot of work! It touches on some of the core classes and covers a lot of material so it will take some time to go through, but don’t regret the submission.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB