Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Basic App - Free CMS on CodeIgniter 4

Hi!
Installation went smoothly. I started to check code and to prepare for my test project. Not yet any customization.
Just made upgrade (composer) to CI 4.04 and faced some problems.

Latest one, local web server did not start.
---------------------
cmd>php spark serve

CodeIgniter CLI Tool - Version 4.0.4 - Server-Time: 2020-07-30 14:16:40pm

An uncaught Exception was encountered

Type:        TypeError
Message:    Argument 2 passed to BasicApp\Core\BaseCommand::__construct() must be an instance of CodeIgniter\CLI\CommandRunner, instance of CodeIgniter\CLI\Commands given, called in /home/ubuntu/NetBeansProjects/development/panel/basic-app/demoapp/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/CLI/Commands.php on line 157
Filename:    /home/ubuntu/NetBeansProjects/development/panel/basic-app/demoapp/vendor/basic-app/core/Core/BaseCommand.php
Line Number: 23

Backtrace:
                                                -157 - /home/ubuntu/NetBeansProjects/development/panel/basic-app/demoapp/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/CLI/Commands.php::__construct
                                                                -86 - /home/ubuntu/NetBeansProjects/development/panel/basic-app/demoapp/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/CLI/Commands.php::discoverCommands
                                                                -107 - /home/ubuntu/NetBeansProjects/development/panel/basic-app/demoapp/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/CLI/CommandRunner.php::run
                                                                -85 - /home/ubuntu/NetBeansProjects/development/panel/basic-app/demoapp/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/CLI/CommandRunner.php::index
                                                                -914 - /home/ubuntu/NetBeansProjects/development/panel/basic-app/demoapp/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/CodeIgniter.php::_remap
                                                                -404 - /home/ubuntu/NetBeansProjects/development/panel/basic-app/demoapp/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/CodeIgniter.php::runController
                                                                -312 - /home/ubuntu/NetBeansProjects/development/panel/basic-app/demoapp/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/CodeIgniter.php::handleRequest
                                                                -86 - /home/ubuntu/NetBeansProjects/development/panel/basic-app/demoapp/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/CLI/Console.php::run
                                                                -57 - /home/ubuntu/NetBeansProjects/development/panel/basic-app/demoapp/spark::run

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2020, 05:53 AM by Basic App.)

(07-30-2020, 04:28 AM)ezis Wrote: An uncaught Exception was encountered

Type:        TypeError
Message:    Argument 2 passed to BasicApp\Core\BaseCommand::__construct() must be an instance of CodeIgniter\CLI\CommandRunner, instance of CodeIgniter\CLI\Commands given, called in /home/ubuntu/NetBeansProjects/development/panel/basic-app/demoapp/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/CLI/Commands.php on line 157
Filename:    /home/ubuntu/NetBeansProjects/development/panel/basic-app/demoapp/vendor/basic-app/core/Core/BaseCommand.php
Line Number: 23

Thanks! Fixed. Please run composer update command again.

Basic App, an open source simple CMS based on CodeIgniter 4

Thanks a lot for this basic-app. However, it has stopped working since i updated to php 8.0

Problem 1
- basic-app/core is locked to version dev-master and an update of this package was not requested.
- basic-app/core dev-master requires composer-plugin-api ^1.0 -> found composer-plugin-api[2.0.0] but it does not match the constraint.
Problem 2
- laminas/laminas-escaper is locked to version 2.6.1 and an update of this package was not requested.
- laminas/laminas-escaper 2.6.1 requires php ^5.6 || ^7.0 -> your php version (8.0.2) does not satisfy that requirement.
Problem 3
- basic-app/core dev-master requires composer-plugin-api ^1.0 -> found composer-plugin-api[2.0.0] but it does not match the constraint.
- basic-app/theme-bootstrap4 dev-master requires basic-app/core * -> satisfiable by basic-app/core[dev-master].
- basic-app/theme-bootstrap4 is locked to version dev-master and an update of this package was not requested.

You are using Composer 2, which some of your plugins seem to be incompatible with. Make sure you update your plugins or report a plugin-issue to ask them to support Composer 2.

Thanks for the info. We checked the system and came to the conclusion that it is completely inoperable with the current versions of the dependencies.

At the moment, our work is only on a few packages from the system, and it is difficult to predict when the system will work.

(02-17-2021, 01:35 AM)cocl Wrote: Thanks a lot for this basic-app. However, it has stopped working since i updated to php 8.0

Major bugs have been fixed, but haven't tested for php 8.

(03-27-2019, 03:19 PM)includebeer Wrote: Looks interesting! But do I really need to install composer, bower, node, npm... to install and use Basic App? I like simple things, and I like to be in control of what is installed in my web apps, thats why I love CodeIgniter. I find those package managers overkill and I don’t fully trust all the stuff they will end up installing. I guess I’m getting old. Sad
I hold the same viewpoint and avoid package managers so I know what my apps have and need.  I have not gone through the thread completely yet, but hope this is addressed and a simple downloadable zip is made available.  
Anyways, great effort, and thanks for sharing, could be very handy.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2021, 05:43 PM by John_Betong.)

I have GIT installed on my localhost Ubuntu Server:

1. browse to "https://github.com/codeigniter4/CodeIgniter4"
2. select the "CODE" option
3. copy the Clone URL
4. open a Command terminal
5. select the relevant path such as /var/www/
6. enter "git clone https://github.com/codeigniter4/CodeIgniter4.git"

PHP Code:
Cloning into 'CodeIgniter4'...
remoteEnumerating objects133736done.
remoteCounting objects100% (5982/5982), done.
remoteCompressing objects100% (1289/1289), done.
remoteTotal 133736 (delta 4954), reused 5550 (delta 4680), pack-reused 127754
Receiving objects
100% (133736/133736), 65.11 MiB 9.72 MiB/sdone.
Resolving deltas100% (106360/106360), done

Takes less than ten seconds Smile

Don't forget the following:
PHP Code:
sudo chmod -Rf 0777 /var/www/CodeIgniter4/writable 

(10-22-2021, 12:23 AM)John_Betong Wrote: 1. browse to "https://github.com/codeigniter4/CodeIgniter4"
2. select the "CODE" option
3. copy the Clone URL
4. open a Command terminal
5. select the relevant path such as /var/www/
6. enter "git clone https://github.com/codeigniter4/CodeIgniter4.git"

Yeah, but that will only download CI4. Not the “Basic App” CMS and all its dependencies.
CodeIgniter 4 tutorials (EN/FR) - https://includebeer.com
/*** NO support in private message - Use the forum! ***/

(This post was last modified: 11-03-2021, 09:44 AM by [email protected]. Edit Reason: Additional information )

Hi, I keep getting this error:

ErrorException
Undefined index: item_uid

VENDORPATH/basic-app/module-menu/Models/Admin/BaseMenuItemModel.php at line 35

28        'item_uid' => 'not_special_chars|max_length[255]'
29    ];
31    public function afterValidate(array $params) : array
32    {
33        $data = $params['data'];
35        if ($data['item_uid'])
36        {
37            $class = static::class;
39            $query = new $class;
41            $query->where([
42                'item_menu_id' => $data['item_menu_id

The error happens when I try to edit a menu item from the main menu (so, I think there is something wrong with the way my installation is trying to edit things in the menu module?), for example. I can seem to add and edit and delete other items with no problem. Even adding and deleting menu items works fine, just editing.

And this page and menu item aren't showing: /user/logoff.
Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB