Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How to send flashdata to a different session

Hi Team,

We are using CI v3 with a file based session management scheme.

We have a situation where a user initiates a web transaction which results in a callback to our ubuntu apache2 web server. The callback is dealt with by its own controller.

What I would like to do is somehow connect the new instance back to the originating session so that I can set some flashdata to be displayed on the next page rendering.

In the bad old days session_id was available in userdata() but now its not. The callback has the originating session id as part of the URL, and I am struggling to find any help on how to achieve what I want.

I read something about using session_id() in PHP but it made reference to doing this before session_start() and we autoload the session library.

Can it be done please, and if so how?

Help appreciated, regards Paul

Is their any mileage in saving the users instance and posting flash data to it from the new controller session?

Well clearly no one has tried it or I am stupid to ask! For info if anyone faces same problem my own efforts were as follows:
1) I did try writing the __ci_vars structure into the required session file and it messes up the session as per comment in the configure file
2) Next I considered using sessionStorage but could not find a way of accessing it from my php environment3) lastly I simply wrote a “flag” file to the file system which was watched for by a timed repaying Ajax request which we use for all sorts of user updates and that achieves my user notification successfully from the disconnected callback controller.
Apologies if I have wasted anyone’s time.

You could store the information in the browsers local storage or in a cookie.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB