Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Disable Query Builder + Support of IgnitedQuery

Hello,

I am updating Codeigniter from 2.1.4 to 3.1.10 and I ran into the problem, that there is a mixup of the Query Builder with this library: https://github.com/bcit-ci/CodeIgniter/w...itedRecord which worked fine for 2.x, but now it always wants to use the 3.x Query Builder.

So question #1: Is IgnitedRecord & -Query still supported for 3.x or does one have to rewrite the whole database access to the Query Builder? I'm new to the framework, so I also don't know all details or the amount of work that would be.

I already disabled the query builder in the database config as it says in the documentation (https://www.codeigniter.com/user_guide/d...ilder.html) to prevent this, but I get this error:
Query Builder not enabled for the configured database. Aborting.

That doesn't make sense to me, because the documentation explicitly states that you can disable this class without problems. 

Can anyone help me with this? Or do you have a suggestion how to solve that? Thank you!

Greets

Stuff you find in the wiki is often "in the wild", i.e. unofficial, not supported, applying to *old* versions of CI, or horribly out of date (eg 7 years ago for the entry you mention).
"IgnitedRecord" is not nor has it ever been "supported" "officially" by CodeIgniter.
It may or may not work!

Upgrading to CI3 and then disabling the query builder is not a good idea - that is a pretty core component.

A wiki is, well, a wide-open publically editable resource. It is not vetted or endorsed by the project, but made avaiable as a resource to the community. It gets abused and contains misleading stuff, but ... that is a wiki Sad
We periodically take a look, and try to clean out the worst abuse.

Tellingly, the wiki feature has not been enabled in any of the other CodeIgniter repositories.

Unfortunately, this isn't a proper answer to your question - more of a big caution about relying on "information" in the wiki. I hope that someone else in the community might have experience that can help you Smile

btw - the entry you mention was last edited by Derek Jones, and he is a credible author and significant contributor to the earlier versions of CI Smile

Thank you for your answer and your warning, it helped me with the decision how to continue with the project. I chose to rewrite the database adapters on my own to not use a third-party addon anymore and to use the query builder instead.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB