Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Thumbnails Module

Hi all- I'm working on a much larger file management module, but I found myself writing a pretty complete  thumbnail function for it that I deemed worth splitting out into its own module. It's lightweight but has the advantage that it scans other modules (and \App) for more supported thumbnail extension support. I will be adding more extensions shortly.

Tatter/Thumbnails - Modular thumbnail generation, for CodeIgniter 4

Basic usage:
1. Install with Composer: > composer require tatter/thumbnails
2. Load the service: $thumbnails = service('thumbnails');
3. Create your first thumbnail: $thumbnails->create('bigfile.jpg', 'thumbnail.jpg');

Use the config file to define parameters, or change them on-the-fly:
* $thumbnails->setImageType(IMAGETYPE_PNG);
* $thumbnails->width(120);

Thanks for reading! I'm always glad for feedback and suggestions, feel free to leave a comment here or check out the repo at https://github.com/tattersoftware/codeig...thumbnails

Tests mate! Smile
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

Wink thanks for the persistent reminders! I actually had a very helpful chat with kilishan last weekend on CI4 module testing and I think I finally have my head around it. I’m working on adding tests to all the modules, but I needed this package up before those would be ready to roll out. Never fear, they are on the way!
You may have notice I’ve reorganized my directory structures off your league/skeleton recommendation. I’ll be an honest dev one day ^^

Here's another package that might inspire you for tests for this library.

https://github.com/Intervention/image/tree/master/tests
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

Quick note to say that Thumbnails has been revamped! Lots of bugs fixed, the library made easier to use. This is part of a larger set of changes to the Files suite - read more updates there.

Thanks @MGatner

Learning CI4 from my works, from errors and how to fix bugs in the community

Love CI & Thanks CI Teams

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB