Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Running on Apache... whoops

Hi, I have some apps built with CI3 working on my machine served by Apache, I am trying to run the CI4 starter app on Apache but I am stuck on the Whoops page without a clue. 
I installed the starter app via composer. Running it using the built in server functions well, I see the welcome page. But with Apache vhost, I can't find out what is wrong.

Here's my vhost:
Code:
<Directory "/Users/karine/Dev/ci4/public/">
Allow From All
AllowOverride All
Options +Indexes
Require all granted
</Directory>
<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName "local.ci4.com"
        DocumentRoot "/Users/karine/Dev/ci4/public"
</VirtualHost>

In my env file:
Code:
CI_ENVIRONNEMENT = development
app.baseURL = 'local.ci4.com'

The mod_rewrite modele is loaded and I set the permissions on writable to 777 just to be sure.

Despite the development environnement, i don't see any log message that can help me figure out where the error is happening.  Huh
Thanks for your help

Did you rename the env file to .env? If so then you should not get the whoops page. You should get an informative error message.
Simpler is always better

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2019, 01:53 PM by dave friend.)

To be sure that the <Directory> directive is properly associated with the VHost put it inside the <VirtualHost> block, i.e.

Code:
<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerName "local.ci4.com"
        DocumentRoot "/Users/karine/Dev/ci4/public"
        <Directory "/Users/karine/Dev/ci4/public/">
            Allow From All
            AllowOverride All
            Options +Indexes
            Require all granted
        </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

It can't hurt and will prevent "confusion" if there are any other <Directory> blocks in the server's config files.

Thank you both for the help
@Dave friend I moved the directory part just to be sure (but I did not see any change).
@donpwiston, I missed I had to rename .env here's what I get:

Quote:Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError:
Argument 1 passed to CodeIgniter\HTTP\URI:: setScheme() must be of the type string, null given, called in /Users/karine/Dev/ci4/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/HTTP/IncomingRequest.php on line 594 and defined in /Users/karine/Dev/ci4/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/HTTP/URI.php:624 Stack trace:
#0 /Users/karine/Dev/ci4/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/HTTP/IncomingRequest.php(594): CodeIgniter\HTTP\URI->setScheme(NULL)
#1 /Users/karine/Dev/ci4/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/HTTP/IncomingRequest.php(178): CodeIgniter\HTTP\IncomingRequest->detectURI('REQUEST_URI', 'local.ci4.com/')
#2 /Users/karine/Dev/ci4/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/Config/Services.php(609): CodeIgniter\HTTP\IncomingRequest->__construct(Object(Config\App), Object(CodeIgniter\HTTP\URI), '', Object(CodeIgniter\HTTP\UserAgent))
#3 /Users/karine/Dev/ci4/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/Config/BaseService.php(119): CodeIgniter\Config\Serv in 
/Users/karine/Dev/ci4/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/HTTP/URI.php on line 624

(09-08-2019, 11:10 PM)kcs Wrote: @Dave friend I moved the directory part just to be sure (but I did not see any change).

I'm sure you did it, but I'm going to say it anyway - you have to restart Apache after changing conf files.

(09-09-2019, 06:43 AM)dave friend Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 11:10 PM)kcs Wrote: @Dave friend I moved the directory part just to be sure (but I did not see any change).

I'm sure you did it, but I'm going to say it anyway - you have to restart Apache after changing conf files.

I did yes. Apache returns a 200 status code. (Thanks for checking).
Thumbs Up 

I just resolved the issues I was having:

I added the http:// that were apparently missing for my base url in my .env file
Code:
app.baseURL = 'http://local.ci4.com'

With this I could finally see a nice debug screen with a clear message telling me
Code:
Cache unable to write to /Users/karine/Dev/ci4/writable/cache/

I had made the folder writable writable, but did not see there were some other folders in it... So changing the permissions on the cache folder made the trick Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB