Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 4.0.0-rc.2 released

(09-28-2019, 05:33 AM)romzine Wrote: Thank you, great work!
May I try to use the rc2 for production?
And so Does this version contains some critical things that you are not recommend to use in production?
Thanks a lot!
If you want to, you can go with it. I have been trying CI4 in my big project since it's still in beta version. The most important thing is you have to update your CI4 system regularly.

(10-01-2019, 03:28 AM)adnzaki Wrote:
And so Does this version contains some critical things that you are not recommend to use in production?
Thanks a lot!
If you want to, you can go with it. I have been trying CI4 in my big project since it's still in beta version. The most important thing is you have to update your CI4 system regularly.

Thank you very much for the info!
Currently I'm on crossroads - I should begin with a new project this week and I'm not sure about the CI version to start with.
It's not clear about the CI 4 official release date. My project is planned for 2.5 month and I hope that the CI4 will be ready during this time.
Thank's for encouragement to use CI4.
Have a nice evening.

(10-01-2019, 01:27 PM)romzine Wrote:
(10-01-2019, 03:28 AM)adnzaki Wrote:
Thanks a lot!

Thank you very much for the info!
Currently I'm on crossroads - I should begin with a new project this week and I'm not sure about the CI version to start with.
It's not clear about the CI 4 official release date. My project is planned for 2.5 month and I hope that the CI4 will be ready during this time.
Thank's for encouragement to use CI4.
Have a nice evening.

I have the same problem. Should I start with CI4? Or use CI3.

Same here !!! It would be nice to have a position from our noble development team !!! Not trying to hush or anything... Just want a opinion from the CI JEDI MASTERS !

Btw, can´t thank you enough for all the work in CI4 ! Thanks ^ 3

Master Yoda expects one last RC, mid-month, with **maybe** a launch for Halloween (a treat, not a trick).
That is the plan, our mileage may vary, read the fine print for side effects, etc etc.
No guarantees, but that is what we are working towards.

(This post was last modified: 10-04-2019, 06:10 PM by John_Betong.)

@andoyoandoyo
>> I have the same problem. Should I start with CI4? Or use CI3.

@Poetawd
>> Same here !!! It would be nice to have a position from our noble development team !!! Not trying to hush or anything... Just want a opinion from the CI JEDI MASTERS !

I have been experimenting with CI4 simple sites for about two years and find that it is very stable. Most features have already been tried, tested and rock solid. It appears that if you are asking the question then you will not be affected by the remaining small bugs.

If you start writing your App now then CI4 should have ironed out the last remaining bugs before your App is ready for production.

Just remember to update to the latest version. This also applies to CI3 because software is never finished and the latest security bugs need fixing.

CI4 started about the same time as PHP 7.0 and is now an inadequate requirement!

I am far from a CI  JEDI MASTER just a humble programmer who appreciates an excellent product.

(10-04-2019, 05:00 PM)ciadmin Wrote: Master Yoda expects one last RC, mid-month, with **maybe** a launch for Halloween (a treat, not a trick).
That is the plan, our mileage may vary, read the fine print for side effects, etc etc.
No guarantees, but that is what we are working towards.

Awesome !!!

Great news !

I hope that CI gets popular again... I am so tired of people asking me if I can do it with Laravel.... 

Big Grin

Thank you and - May the force be with you !

I was using CI a looong time ago, when ExpressionEngine just passed from v1.7 to EE2 and was on some points "kinda good ol'days".

After a few time drifting away from PHP i'm finally back, mainly because of things like Slim or Flight, more than Laravel (the Bootstrap of PHP frameworks) and diving back into CI with memories popping up ^^

It feels good to see CI still around and even moving forward  Heart  Great job, thx, and keep up!

(09-26-2019, 10:31 PM)jlp Wrote: CodeIgniter-4.0.0-rc.2  launches today

This is a pre-release of 4.0.0. It is not suitable for production! (but it is pretty darn close)

Highlights:
  • query builder testability simplified with new property, but dropped method parameters (breaking change)
  • database, migrations and sessions beefed up
  • numerous smaller bugs corrected
  • App changes: Config/Constants, Paths & some config settings have had changes

Check the changelog for details, and the installation writeup for further directions.

Looking to upgrade from CI3 to CI4?
Generated API docs accessible at https://codeigniter4.github.io/api/

This is our second release candidate! A number of things have been fixed, and it is looking pretty good Smile
There are still a few more things to fix, but we wanted to let you know about the database testig
There will probably be one more release candidate, once we fix the outstanding bugs, and then we should have the stable version launch!
We need to know what remains in the way of hiccups!

Thank you to the community for stepping up to help make this the best PHP framework!

Do NOT post support questions or feature requests in response to this thread - those will be deleted. Instead, use the appropriate CodeIgniter 4 subforum. We are trying to make the best of the limited resources that we have!

Thank you, and ENJOY!

Great Job!!

Good news..

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB