Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Is there a CodeIgniter 3.x roadmap?

Good evening everyone.

With the upcoming release of CI4, I am wondering if there are any plans to keep adding features to the CI3 codebase?  I am also wondering what the lifecycle of CI3 will be once CI4 is released.  Will a new project built with CI3 today need to be migrated to CI4 in very short order or will there be some CI3 security releases post CI4?

Thanks

There isn't a CI3 roadmap, no.
There has been talk of a 3.2, with exceptions instead of returning errors, but no specific plan/date.
CI3 continues to get updates, including security fixes, and will for some time.
They may not be very frequent, but they are happening.
At some point, a year or two from now, CI3 is likely to transition to security fixes only, but we haven't announced or planned anything specific for that.

CI3 is stable enough that you should be able to keep using it for some years to come Smile

(10-07-2019, 12:57 AM)midav Wrote:
(10-06-2019, 04:00 PM)ciadmin Wrote: There isn't a CI3 roadmap, no.
There has been talk of a 3.2, with exceptions instead of returning errors, but no specific plan/date.
CI3 continues to get updates, including security fixes, and will for some time.
They may not be very frequent, but they are happening.
At some point, a year or two from now, CI3 is likely to transition to security fixes only, but we haven't announced or planned anything specific for that.

CI3 is stable enough that you should be able to keep using it for some years to come Smile
In 4 versions, make a normal translation like Laravel, so that it is like right now + adding .json translation files

Here is how I did it, but I think it’s possible to implement it better, so I did it for version 3

https://github.com/lebidvadim/translite

or here I created a topic on your forum

https://forum.codeigniter.com/thread-74533.html

What does your wish list item/feature request have to do with this thread? You've already posted about it 2 other places. Please don't spam the forums.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB