Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
It is very hard to wait for the release of version 4.

I have great expectations for Codeigniter version 4.

I want to know the release schedule of Codeigniter version 4 that can be used for commercial use.

Waiting for the release is very painful.

Hi Takeyasu and welcome to CI.

CI4 is currently available as a release candidate but not recommended for production use yet. It is very hard at this stage to say how long it will be but it is very close now. Remember this is built with entirely voluntary contributors and everyone has their day jobs and a living to earn as well as busy lives.

Think of it more as exciting, than painful. CI3 is still excellent and stable and very mature. CI4 is new and an almost complete rebuild. CI3 will continue to be supported for some time yet. I do know that quite a few people are already using CI4 in production, but as mentioned before, this is not officially recommended. However you can install the release candidate and start learning the new features and practices.

I understand your pain, but be patient, CI4 is a significant body of work staffed by purely voluntary contributors. It will be here soon(ish), but no date available yet.

Paul

Even though CI4 isn't ready, it is very close. It would be valuable for anyone waiting for the production version to start using a beta release in a development environment. Doing so will help you learn the new framework. You might also find some weak spots that the developers can fix. There should not be any breaking changes from the current development branch to the eventual production release.

(10-28-2019, 11:30 AM)dave friend Wrote: Even though CI4 isn't ready, it is very close. It would be valuable for anyone waiting for the production version to start using a beta release in a development environment. Doing so will help you learn the new framework. You might also find some weak spots that the developers can fix. There should not be any breaking changes from the current development branch to the eventual production release.

Started a major upgrade of a large CI2 application my company inherited to CI4, so far loving the new framework and haven't hit any bugs beyond my own lack of knowledge of CI4. Will probably be planning of putting this into production in around 6 weeks, is it likely to be officially released by then?

(10-28-2019, 01:39 PM)wilson208 Wrote: Will probably be planning of putting this into production in around 6 weeks, is it likely to be officially released by then?

Who knows? I hope so. I suspect the principal developers hope so. I am quite positive it will be released when the big dogs say it's good to go - and not a moment sooner.

(This post was last modified: 11-07-2019, 02:23 AM by Takeyasu Ishino.)

Thanks to all who answered.
I'm really looking forward to the release thanks to you.

I love the flexibility and performance of CI because I have a track record of developing and running SNS web application games in version 2.

(10-28-2019, 02:28 AM)Takeyasu Ishino Wrote: I have great expectations for Codeigniter version 4.

I want to know the release schedule of Codeigniter version 4 that can be used for commercial use.

Waiting for the release is very painful.

Smile We have to wait patiently. I prefer to use CI3 for my current projects because of its stability and work really well.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB