Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Property type hints in Codeigniter 4 (or just PHP 7.4 as a requirement)

@includebeer,
> At the moment, the dev team need to concentrate on releasing CI 4.0, not refactor the whole thing!

I agree but would also add that being reluctant to adopt the PHP 7.0 strict improvements is beyond comprehension. Lonnie has made the introductory effort to specify the type parameters on the majority of functions unfortunately they have no effect unless declare strict rules is set,

It takes seconds to download the Github version n my signature and a single "system_path" needs to be changed to try the strict version in your own projects, All errors and warnings will be be shown immediately and require fixing before proceeding. Is there a problem in being aware so soon rather than having to examine the PHP logs to find a problem.

An objection was raised about not being able to pass function parameters that do not match the type declarations. Not once did this anomaly arise in the latest CI4 Github version!

Not using these features reminds me of the Luddites who objected to editors that use colours Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Property type hints in Codeigniter 4 (or just PHP 7.4 as a requirement) - by John_Betong - 01-22-2020, 07:14 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB