Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
i needed multi city flight search

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2020, 03:09 AM by nonebeliever.)

I always just contact my local airport. They provide me with a list of all the incoming and outgoing flights.

I think you need to stop thinking about this problem in terms of technology.

If you really wanted to create this you would need to think about it in terms just pure data. Ask yourself how do I obtain the flight schedules of all these different airlines. Do you have any type of relationship with these airlines. A relationship in which they would provide you with the type of information required to build your desired product.

I hate to break it to you but airlines don't just give out information. So that is your first problem to solve. Nothing to do with CI, php or any tech in general. How do you actually get this info?

Your questions goes way beyound CI domain. Multicity flight search is quite complex algorithm, that implementation greatly depends first of all on your data structure. If taken simple, you could decompose complex route between A->B->C->A location into pairs, e.g. A->B, B->C and C->A, then apply your existing single way search for each leg. If you are using caching (or pre-calculated values) it won't be much more complex.

Otherwise look into graph theory, and google for articles. Graphs applied to flight seach is really well covered topic by both scientific research, and applied knowledge shared widely.

Flights search API: Real-time and multi-city search FREE API
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB