Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Using apache Cassandra with codeigniter

I am planning to use apache Cassandra to hold some images for my users. The reason to use Cassandra is that it is supported as a data store  for use with Japersoft Server. Has anyone used Cassandra with code igniter?

You don't want to store images in a no sql database like Casandra. Cassandra isn't really built for that. I would highly recommend evaluating some cloud options more aligned with your desires. Not to mention even if you did do that cassandra is not going to scale. Cassandra like all NoSQL DBs is great at being a source of truth for data. However, when you start talking about storing files not so much. I would recommend evaluating some CDNs. Even some media storage sites.

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2020, 04:09 AM by richb201.)

What is a media storage site? Can you give me an example of one and a can too?

I should explain that my requirement is not for real-time retrieval. I will have users "photograph"  screen shots and my app (ci based) will store them in the cloud. And some later date I will use Jaspersoft Server to build a report from  these images plus some DynamoDB data and some mySQL data that I keep and email the docx report to them. So while I do need to watch pennies, Aws Glacier, for example would not work for me. I can't wait 24 hours to retrieve their data so I can build their report. But 30 minutes is very doable. It is important that Jaspersoft can work with whatever images storage location I use, since the Kaspersky report is the ultimate "product".

I am very AWS centric.
proof that an old dog can learn new tricks

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB