Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
El Forum

Hi,

I'm actually developing a CI app in my developer machine with Windows and XAMPP, using de sqlsrv driver to connect to the MS SQL Server 2008 database.

But the final server machine is an Ubuntu server, and trying to run the app from there doesn't work because of the sqlsrv driver not installed in the server.

I tried the mssql driver and the app starts to load but it ends with SQL queries errors (SQL queries previously tested and working).

What do you recommend me?
Is it possible to connect from Linux/PHP/CI to SQL Server 2008? If there is a way, will it be as fast as running on Windows?
Is it better to create a new Windows server?

I recommend taking CI out of the equation. Just create a simple php script that connects to the database via the sql server driver. SQL server is not easy to setup on a local dev environment. You need to install a development version of sql server and open up firewalls for your server to access that database. The problem isn't your queries. The problem is connecting to a local db. Take the problem you have break it down. Fix just connecting with sql server.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB