Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Developing text-based browser game?

Hello,
Few years ago i started to develop a browser based game, but i never finished because i make it only when i had time and it was just for fun and practice until i learn more. That was around 6-7 years ago. The game is developed mostly on PHP with little javascript, but the code is written just awful… Now i am thinking to re-write the whole game with the new language versions, but i wonder is it a good idea to use any framework on it or i shouldn't? I was thinking about codeigniter or symfony… Do you have any opinion / advice about it ?

CodeIgniter is super simple and lightweight. I think it would be a good idea to use it for your browser game. It’s super easy to access config files and MySQL database. There’s built-in security features, auto-routing, multi-lingual support, etc. There’s a lot you can do with little effort!
CodeIgniter 4 tutorials (EN/FR) - https://includebeer.com
/*** NO support in private message - Use the forum! ***/

I deceided to ask about it, because at work our software is at CI and i have little practice with it, but not much. Thank you for your opinion!
I will be glad to hear other opinions.

CI4 is perfect candidate for your task. From my perspective it definitely worth using framework like CI.

I was wondering mostly because as far as i understand that the framework is well secured and there is no vulnerabilities. Thank you for your opinion

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB