Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How to load partials with View Parser?
Question 

Hi!

I am learning CI4 and I got to the point that I was waiting for: View Parser. I am making some tests but am having a hard time trying to include partials with it. This is my pathetic attempt...

The View (produtos_testeForeach.php):

Code:
{header}
<div>
    <h1>{titulo}</h1>
    <hr>
    <table>
        <tr>
            <th><h2>PRODUTO</h2></th>
            <th><h2>PREÇO</h2></th>
        </tr>
        {conteudo}
        <tr>
            <td>{produto}</td>
            <td>{preco}</td>
        </tr>
        {/conteudo}
    </table>
</div>
</body>
</html>

The Controller:

PHP Code:
public function testeForeach() {
        $data['titulo'] = 'Meu titulo';
        // Produtos_header.php is an existing view that I tried to render into a variable
        $header view('produtos_header',$data);

$parser = \Config\Services::parser();
        $data = [
            // Then I tried to load the contents of this var into array 'header' entry
            'header' => $header,
            'titulo' => 'Isso é um título de teste',
            'conteudo' => [
                ['produto' => 'produto1''preco' => '10,00'],
                ['produto' => 'produto2''preco' => '20,00'],
                ['produto' => 'produto3''preco' => '30,00'],
                ['produto' => 'produto4''preco' => '40,00'],
                ['produto' => 'produto5''preco' => '50,00'],
            ]
        ];
        return $parser->setData($data)->render('produtos_testeForeach');

OK... it ALMOST worked. LoL!  Tongue 

The problem is that when it rendered the 'produtos_testeForeach' view instead to render the header partial as HTML it is showing it on screen as plain text:

Code:
<!-- DEBUG-VIEW START 1 APPPATH/Config/../Views/produtos_header.php --> <html> <head> <title>Meu titulo</title> </head> <body> <div id="header"> <h1>Sistema de Controle de Produtos</h1> <hr> </div> <!-- DEBUG-VIEW ENDED 1 APPPATH/Config/../Views/produtos_header.php -->

How can I fix it, aka, how can I load partial views into a view?

Thanks!
Recovering the wasted time...

Okay, I figured it myself.

I thought about this overnight and this morning I took a look in the source that was being generated (something I didn't think of last night when I started this thread). I realized that the parser was escaping the special characters turning < and > into &lt; and &gt respectively -- and that's why it was showing code as plain text instead to interpret it as HTML.

The solution was fairly simple. Just had to apply the htmlspecialchars_decode native function on parser var this way:

PHP Code:
return htmlspecialchars_decode($parser->setData($data)->render('produtos_testeForeach')); 

Maybe there is simpler ways of solving it (like setting some configuration in CI or so) but it fixed the issue for me!

Big Grin

Using the Parser, your view templates are processed only by the Parser itself, and not like a conventional view PHP script. PHP code in such a script is ignored by the parser, and only substitutions are performed.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(This post was last modified: 04-23-2020, 12:57 PM by YanKleber.)

(04-23-2020, 07:58 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: Using the Parser, your view templates are processed only by the Parser itself, and not like a conventional view PHP script. PHP code in such a script is ignored by the parser, and only substitutions are performed.

Sure!  Cool

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB