Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Is OK to put chaining Query Builder methods inside Controller?

Hi.
I was wondering if this is recommended, chain a lot of query builder methods inside Controllers, instead Model.
Example. I have this model method that returns some rows based in that conditions:

PHP Code:
public function getTotais()
    {

$this->selectSum('valor');
        $this->join('categorias''categorias.id = lancamentos.categorias_id');
        $this->where(
            [
                'lancamentos.usuarios_id' => session()->id_usuario,
                'lancamentos.consolidado'  => true

]
        );
        $result $this->first();       

return !is_null($result['valor']) ? $result['valor'] : 0.00;

But, for some controllers methods that call that model method, I need to pass more parameters to filter more precisely.
So, I do like this:

PHP Code:
$receitasMesAtual $this->lancamentoModel->where('tipo''r')->where('YEAR(data)'$ano)->where('MONTH(data)'$mes)->getTotais(); 

So, I have been concerned about the fact that I am putting too much "query builder methods" inside controller, instead it, create a specific method inside model.

But, at same time, if I create a specific method inside model, I will have to manage too much parameters inside that method, that's why I am chaining query builder methods calling from inside controller.

Is ok to chaining query builder methods inside controllers? Is this won't hurt MVC pattern?

Thank you

It's breaking the MVC pattern. You should put your queries-functions inside the model and pass the rest with function parameters or using set functions.

e.g. setYear() and setDate()
and use getYearMonthData()

or getYearMonthData($year, $month)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB