Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
codeigniter vs lumen

(This post was last modified: 08-09-2020, 09:55 PM by jreklund.)

all about api and web service.

Your opinion?

Hey guys, is anybody here ?!

(This post was last modified: 08-11-2020, 03:30 AM by naghtigall.)

(08-10-2020, 11:59 PM)Hoodini Wrote: Hey guys, is anybody here ?!

Yes, I'm here. Smile
Lumen is framework from Laravel ecosystem. It's like Silex from Symfony ecosystem. Codeigniter it's different framework with modern standards of PHP. Can you explain details of your question?

(08-11-2020, 03:28 AM)naghtigall Wrote:
(08-10-2020, 11:59 PM)Hoodini Wrote: Hey guys, is anybody here ?!

Yes, I'm here. Smile
Lumen is framework from Laravel ecosystem. It's like Silex from Symfony ecosystem. Codeigniter it's different framework with modern standards of PHP. Can you explain details of your question?

I want we negotiate about api in codeigniter 4 and compare with lumen.

in the all forums, some posts are good for promote favorite frameworks.

You're gonna get bias on this forum towards Codeigniter for obvious reason. But one thing I'd recommend having developed a lot in Laravel is that you DON'T start with Lumen.

It's easier to start with Laravel and turn off the things you don't need like sessions. I've just found that almost everyone I've met that started with Lumen ends up needing to update to Laravel anyways.

When it comes to Laravel vs CI, that's a more difficult choice. Personally, I've started all my recent projects in Laravel or Symfony because of the much faster bug fixing and update process + included features.
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

(08-11-2020, 07:08 AM)albertleao Wrote: You're gonna get bias on this forum towards Codeigniter for obvious reason. But one thing I'd recommend having developed a lot in Laravel is that you DON'T start with Lumen.

It's easier to start with Laravel and turn off the things you don't need like sessions. I've just found that almost everyone I've met that started with Lumen ends up needing to update to Laravel anyways.

When it comes to Laravel vs CI, that's a more difficult choice. Personally, I've started all my recent projects in Laravel or Symfony because of the much faster bug fixing and update process + included features.
Thanks for this good comment! 
I think your are right.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB