Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Is it possible to use dynamic controller name in routing?

I want to use route localization like said here https://codeigniter.com/user_guide/outgo...#in-routes
So I need to add route rule like:
PHP Code:
$routes->get('{locale}/books''App\Books::index'); 

But I want to make this rule for all controllers - not to specify rules for all controllers. So I added the rule:
PHP Code:
$routes->add('{locale}/(:segment)(:any)''$1::$2'); 

I have controller "Login" with method "index()". When I go to "mydomain.com/Login" method "index()" is loaded successfull. But when I go to "mydomain.com/en/Login" (as I expect to use my route) I got 404 Error with message - "Controller or its method is not found: \App\Controllers$1::index". But locale is defined and set correctly.

If I change my route to
PHP Code:
$routes->add('{locale}/(:segment)(:any)''Login::$2'); 

then "mydomain.com/en/Login" is loaded successfull as I want. But in this way I have to set routes for every controller and I want to set one route to work with all controllers.

Is it possible to set route with setting of dynamic controller name?

Hello,

Just registered to comment on this post because I am having the exact same issue, on a website I am migrating from v3 to v4.

Making routes with dynamic controller names was possible on v3, so this is clearly a regression on the v4.
So if I want to keep my URL architecture and stay on CI, I have to create a route for EVERY page on my website... this is possible but quite dirty in my opinion.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB