Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI4 Folder Permissions

Hi all,

I accidentally ran a CHMOD -R 777 on a project which is located in my /opt/lampp/htdocs of my local linux machine. Now I want to move to live server I fear this permissions will expose my files to all users. Can anyone please help me with the correct folder permissions for each folder and files in CI4.

Only "writable"-folder should be writable by the user group or how you have set up your server. Everything else can be read only.

chmod - File permissions

You can set the file permissions to read and write owner only which would be you.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(09-13-2020, 07:53 AM)jreklund Wrote: Only "writable"-folder should be writable by the user group or how you have set up your server. Everything else can be read only.

Thank you. This helps.

(09-13-2020, 08:13 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: chmod - File permissions

You can set the file permissions to read and write owner only which would be you.

Thank you for the link. It not only helped me with codeigniter, but also with Linux folder permissions. I guess only the writable folder should have 777 permission others will be 744.

Generally speaking you should not use the world permission at all. It all boils down to who have access to your server. So 760 and 740.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB