Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Brand new youtube series about Codeigniter 4

Hi guys, I've been making a few youtube videos about Codeigniter 4.

Today I published the first video on the final part of these series. On it its just a simple codeigniter install via composer but the purpose of this video is to create a contact manager. This will make me go around and talk about subject like:

- Authentication
- Form Validation
- Model events
- CRUD Models
- Database connections
- views and layouts
- Routing

All the basic things that one needs to work.

Here's the first video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUFS9Vm9...=emb_title

If anyone has any recommendations about the project please tell me. Smile
Website: marcomonteiro.net  | Blog: blog.marcomonteiro.net | Twitter: @marcogmonteiro | TILThings: tilthings.com

Nice work! I have subscribed so I can follow along. Looking forward to future videos. The only small recommendation i would have is to make the code bigger on the screen. Sort of hard to see with your large resolution.

Cheers

(10-16-2020, 09:41 AM)eggbert Wrote: Nice work! I have subscribed so I can follow along. Looking forward to future videos.  The only small recommendation i would have is to make the code bigger on the screen. Sort of hard to see with your large resolution.

Cheers

Thanks!

Yeah I get that a lot and I've been increasing the sizes on every video.

On that one I was on 133% on the browser and 150% on the terminal. But I have to make it bigger.

Its hard to record in a 4k screen when things will be sized down to 1080p.
Website: marcomonteiro.net  | Blog: blog.marcomonteiro.net | Twitter: @marcogmonteiro | TILThings: tilthings.com

Just release a brand new video on the series if anyone is interested Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9-NjjTD...O&index=12

On this episode I install Ion Auth for our authentication system and create the database structure.

You need to use a higher resolution the way they are now you cannot read anything in the video.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(10-19-2020, 11:19 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: You need to use a higher resolution the way they are now you cannot read anything in the video.

It's in 1080p60 HD...!?
CodeIgniter 4 tutorials (EN/FR) - https://includebeer.com
/*** NO support in private message - Use the forum! ***/

(10-19-2020, 11:19 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: You need to use a higher resolution the way they are now you cannot read anything in the video.

The problem is quite the opposite and I'm still trying to figure out the perfect setup. I record in a 4k monitor, and then I need to scale everything down to 1080p for youtube so when that scale down happens everything becomes smaller. I might try to change the resolution on the next video to 2k and see the result.

Can you tell me the resolution of you screen? Are you watching in full screen or normal youtube size? At work I have a 1080p screen and when I'm on full screen I can see everything perfectly. But yeah I can see that being a problem if not in full screen.

(10-19-2020, 03:34 PM)includebeer Wrote:

It's in 1080p60 HD...!?

Yes the video was uploaded in 1080p 60fps.
Did you also had any problems watching the video?

(10-20-2020, 01:26 AM)marcogmonteiro Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 03:34 PM)includebeer Wrote:

It's in 1080p60 HD...!?

Yes the video was uploaded in 1080p 60fps.
Did you also had any problems watching the video?

No, I can see it fine. That was my point, I think it's already the highest resolution you can upload on YouTube, so I'm not sure what more you can do! But I have a 27" 5K screen, I guess on smaller screen it's too small. So maybe make the video in a smaller window? I don't know.
CodeIgniter 4 tutorials (EN/FR) - https://includebeer.com
/*** NO support in private message - Use the forum! ***/

I think I just need to make the fonts bigger when I record Smile

This is what I see on my 24 in Samsung Business Monitor SyncMaster B2430 at 1920 x 1280 running video at 1080p

[Image: video.jpg]
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB