Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
I dont like composer, am I a bad person?

@jnar Yeah I understand how you feel. I too hates having stuff automatically downloaded in my project, and that's why I don't use composer for my personal projects.

@eggbert In my opinion, if your projects need 50 external libraries to work, I think you're doing something wrong, or it's a huge project. I don't like to reinvent the wheel, but I don't see how a website would need that much dependencies without becoming an unmaintainable mess. Most of the time those libraries are very trivial to code yourself and the code quality is not alway very good. Sometimes they are made by code gurus, but sometimes they are made by people who learned PHP 2 months ago. So, like jnar said, I have trouble trusting all those dependencies that appears out of nowhere. Also, if decide to upgrade your application to something, like PHP 8, CodeIgniter 5, or whatever else, you're stuck until all those libraries are made available for the new version of PHP or CI...
CodeIgniter 4 tutorials (EN/FR) - https://includebeer.com
/*** NO support in private message - Use the forum! ***/

Messages In This Thread
RE: I dont like composer, am I a bad person? - by includebeer - 11-25-2020, 04:55 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB