Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Yet another license question

[eluser]AgentPhoenix[/eluser]
Quote:Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice in all source code files.

Does this mean that every file I create (controllers, models, views, libraries, helpers, etc.) all need to have the CI license at the top of the page, or does having the license text file in the root directory fulfill this requirement?

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
Each CI file, original or modified, must contain the copyright notice as you see it in there now. Modified files must also contain the author, and a summary of the changes made. Your own files do not need CI's copyright notice, nor are they bound to the same license restriction that CI's source files are, i.e. you do not have to release your libraries with the same open license if you choose not to.

[eluser]AgentPhoenix[/eluser]
Excellent. Thanks for the clarification!

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Licence, bullet 6:
Products derived from the Software may not be called "CodeIgniter",
nor may "CodeIgniter" appear in their name, without prior written
permission from EllisLab, Inc.

Can i however show in footer of my page built with CI text like this: "Powered by CodeIgniter" ?

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
Yes, that's fine and encouraged Aatomik. If you do a search in the forums you will find some nice badge images that you can use if you want to use something fancier than text.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB