Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Proper Middleware support

It would be great if CI4 has a feature like middleware in Laravel. I know we have filters in CI4. But that feature is not flexible and not well thought out.

(03-06-2021, 06:28 PM)MrWhite Wrote: It would be great if CI4 has a feature like middleware in Laravel. I know we have filters in CI4. But that feature is not flexible and not well thought out.

Unless the ideals have changed, the core team was very much against middleware back when CI4 was being developed.
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

(03-06-2021, 09:07 PM)albertleao Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 06:28 PM)MrWhite Wrote: It would be great if CI4 has a feature like middleware in Laravel. I know we have filters in CI4. But that feature is not flexible and not well thought out.

Unless the ideals have changed, the core team was very much against middleware back when CI4 was being developed.

Really? any idea why?

And are they think their filters implementation is better than Laravel's middleware?

Since CI4 core team very sensitive for breaking changes, CI4 filters will be sucks forever.

I wish their mind get changed. Wink

What's the difference in functionality between filters and middleware?

What's your needs that do not meet in the filters?

(03-07-2021, 12:34 AM)MrWhite Wrote:
(03-06-2021, 09:07 PM)albertleao Wrote:

Really? any idea why?

And are they think their filters implementation is better than Laravel's middleware?

Since CI4 core team very sensitive for breaking changes, CI4 filters will be sucks forever.

I wish their mind get changed. Wink

I believe their thought process was that filters were just as good and cleaner.
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

I think filters are good enough and easy to use

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB