Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Coming Soon Page

How do I go about uploaded a temporary "coming soon" page while a codeigniter site is being worked on. You can't just replace the Index.php page. Thanks

Try and create a new coming soon page and in the top of index.php include the coming soon page followed by exit; or die;

(03-07-2021, 04:55 PM)John_Betong Wrote: Try and create a new coming soon page and in the top of index.php include the coming soon page followed by exit; or die;
Would that work? I still want to test the site by going to say /index_temp.php while every one going to index.php sees the "coming soon" page.  It would if I didn't want to test itthough

(03-08-2021, 01:06 AM)Knutsford Wrote:
(03-07-2021, 04:55 PM)John_Betong Wrote: Try and create a new coming soon page and in the top of index.php include the coming soon page followed by exit; or die;
Would that work? I still want to test the site by going to say /index_temp.php while every one going to index.php sees the "coming soon" page.  It would if I didn't want to test itthough
Try modifying index.php and check to see if a $_GET parameter is passed. If so then do not require the welcome page and bypass the exit/die command.

(03-08-2021, 02:20 AM)John_Betong Wrote:
(03-08-2021, 01:06 AM)Knutsford Wrote:
Try modifying index.php and check to see if a $_GET parameter is passed. If so then do not require the welcome page and bypass the exit/die command.
A right that shouild work - thanks. I don't know what happened on Saturday but I replace the whole Index.php with my Coming Soon one thenput the original Index.php back but the co.uk/ version was still picking up the Coming Soon page even though I had deleted it and cleared the cache. It was fine the next day but I am a bit nervous it might go a bit wrong again

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2021, 03:03 AM by John_Betong.)

You could still use the require coming soon page and exit/kill for everyone else.

For testing change the /app/Configure/config.php, find index.php, change to test.php and also copy the contents of index.php to test.php 

.htaccess file contents may also need index.php changed to test.php

I had wondered about the second option bu wasn't sure if that would mess up the routing. I like the idea of checking if the $_GET parameter is passed better. I am just panicking after what happened on Saturday which was very wierd. I think I will try the second option - thanks

It's not wierd, a live web site can take up to 24 hrs to clears its caches.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB