Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
About Spark...

Greetings,

Can i asking will BCIT hosting spark as well?

Or using composer as main package system?

Thanks.

(11-02-2014, 04:40 PM)musicalangel Wrote: Greetings,

Thanks.

"Sparks" are pretty much dead.
CodeIgniter 3 supports composer to an extent right now, and I would guess that will improve over time Smile

(11-02-2014, 06:08 PM)ciadmin Wrote:
(11-02-2014, 04:40 PM)musicalangel Wrote: Greetings,

Thanks.

"Sparks" are pretty much dead.
CodeIgniter 3 supports composer to an extent right now, and I would guess that will improve over time Smile

Is the composer autoload included in the main bootstrap file (index.php) in v3? I've always had to hack the index by including it just before the Codeigninter bootstrap.

In v3 there is a new config setting you can set to autoload Composer. It will load Composer's autoload after CodeIgniter's bootstrapping, but prior to running your controller.

http://www.codeigniter.com/userguide3/ge...oader.html mentions the config setting for enable the composer autoloader.

I haven't played with it myself, so can't help much beyond this, sorry!

Adding Composer to CI 2.X is trivial. It's very easy, there are many examples on the internet.

Even integrating modules that use namespaces into CI is also very easy. You dont really need to upgrade to CI 3.0.

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2014, 02:11 AM by bclinton.)

The Sparks site has been serving up database errors for at least a few days now.

http://www.getsparks.org/

Code:
A Database Error Occurred

Error Number: 1030

Got error 28 from storage engine

SELECT `s`.*, `c`.`username`, `c`.`email`, `s`.`created`, MAX(v.created) AS 'last_push' FROM (`sparks` s) JOIN `contributors` c ON `s`.`contributor_id` = `c`.`id` JOIN `versions` v ON `v`.`spark_id` = `s`.`id` WHERE `s`.`is_featured` = 1 AND `s`.`is_browse` = 1 GROUP BY `s`.`id` ORDER BY `s`.`created` DESC, `v`.`created` DESC LIMIT 3

Filename: /var/www/getsparks.org/production/0.4.7b/models/spark.php

Line Number: 266

It's a shame because I thought it was a nice addition to CodeIgniter: good idea, nice implementation. But I guess the guys that did it lost interest and nobody else kept up with it.

I am not yet familiar with Composer, but I am glad that there will be something like this for CodeIgniter in the future.

ok, thanks for the replys.

Are Sparks something that is worth keeping?

I have always wanted to integrate the code myself and I don't really like the magic, I have to maintain it, so I need to know what is where and how it works.

I see how this could help, but if you are on shared hosting or have no command line, most of these package systems are more trouble than they are worth.

Please don't think I am against them all, I use compass, node.js etc. in my development environment, but that is deployed on mass to the live server, so it is functionally useless on the live server anyway.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB