Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
SSL DB connection issue -> version_compare($this->mysqli->client_info, '5.6', '>=')

(This post was last modified: 04-12-2021, 01:39 AM by fedeburo.)

Hi, i am using CI version 4 and having problems connecting to a Database that has SSL encryption Mysqli driver with ssl_verify = false. The configuration of the database is the following:

public $DB= [
        'DSN'      => '',
        'hostname' => '127.0.0.1',
        'username' => 'user',
        'password' => 'pass',
        'database' => 'db',
        'DBDriver' => 'MySQLi',
        'DBPrefix' => '',
        'pConnect' => false,
        'DBDebug'  => (ENVIRONMENT !== 'production'),
        'cacheOn'  => false,
        'cacheDir' => '',
        'charset'  => 'utf8',
        'DBCollat' => 'utf8_general_ci',
        'swapPre'  => '',
        'encrypt' => array(
            'ssl_ca' =>    '/path/to/cert/ca.pem',
            'ssl_verify' =>false,
        ),

'compress' => false,
        'strictOn' => false,
        'failover' => [],
        'port'     => 3306,

When i try to connect, the app keeps saying:
Error to connecto to database , unable to connect to database, or,if no path were written in the encrypt array --> Error connecting to the database: Connections using insecure transport are prohibited while --require_secure_transport=ON.

Doing var_dumps in Connection.php (lines 120-170), i realize that the problem was in the comparisson of "version_compare($this->mysqli->client_info, '5.6', '>=')" -- > this is returnign false:

When i make a var_dump(($this->mysqli->client_info)); this is returning "mysqlnd 7.4.3" and the version_compare($this->mysqli->client_info, '5.6', '>=')" returning false

I should achieve a connection of mysqli->real_connect(hostname, username, pass, database, 3306, NULL, 2112)

2112 = CONSTANT(MYSQLI_CLIENT_SSL_DONT_VERIFY_SERVER_CERT) + CONSTANT(MYSQLI_CLIENT_SSL).

When i make a connection to a database manually, i can kkep paths values to null if the last parameter of real_conect = is 2048 or 2112

What is happening here? This should return true? What should i do in order to achieve this connection?.

Wait for you answer, thanks.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB