Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
suddenly... "Cache unable to write..." (Win10)

Hey all,
This issue is driving me nuts. I have been working in CI4 for quite some time. And everything has been working great. On refresh today out of the blue, my application started throwing: "Cache unable to write ...xxx.../writable/cache"

I'm in Windows 10. I tried checking permissions of the writable folders and everything has full control. The "read only" box is showing as checked for the folders but from what I understand that is not an issue for file permissions and I can't uncheck it anyway, so that's annoying but should be fine? 
I can't figure out why this would all of the sudden happen. I did just install the new Google Drive app right before I started getting the error, and maybe that did something global to file permissions? I tried doing a global check and repair on the filesystem and that didn't help. Just checked my other CI projects and they are all failing in the same way now. Any suggestions on how to repair cache that suddenly starts failing?

Cache unable to write to
Cache unable to write to

Uninstall google drive and see if it starts working again.

I'am on Windows 10 Pro x64 with google drive and every thing here runs fine.

Run these from either cmd or powershell with as administrator.

SFC.exe /scannow

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

To see if your drive is corrupted.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(08-11-2021, 08:59 PM)InsiteFX Wrote: Uninstall google drive and see if it starts working again.

I'am on Windows 10 Pro x64 with google drive and every thing here runs fine.

Run these from either cmd or powershell with as administrator.

SFC.exe /scannow

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

To see if your drive is corrupted.

Thanks for the reply. I went through all that and none of it helped. I tried adding "EVERYONE" to the permissions list and gave them full control. Also no go there. Really have no idea what else to do.

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2021, 01:34 AM by InsiteFX.)

You can also try to click on the EXAMPP or what ever your main folder is and uncheck the read only flag then make sure to apply  to all sub folders.

If I remember right I had to do that once, but on my system I gave my account administrator rights.

Not sure what you mean by the "route folder"... but unchecking the read-only flag doesn't take anyway. Can you be more specific on how you solved your own issue?

Your main folder like XAMPP etc;

(08-14-2021, 01:35 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: Your main folder like XAMPP etc;

I solved this issue... for anyone experiencing this... changing permissions to anything didn't work. Somehow they had been corrupted on the actual folder so I deleted the cache folder and session folder and created new folders and replaced the contents (files ended up not being an issue). This fixed my issue. Lame but true.
Thumbs Up 

(08-14-2021, 05:40 PM)sp3ak Wrote:
(08-14-2021, 01:35 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: Your main folder like XAMPP etc;

I solved this issue... for anyone experiencing this... changing permissions to anything didn't work. Somehow they had been corrupted on the actual folder so I deleted the cache folder and session folder and created new folders and replaced the contents (files ended up not being an issue). This fixed my issue. Lame but true.

I've experienced exactly the same problem and I've tried to exclude only the "cache" folder, but that doesn't work.
Now I saw you post and I exclude and created new "cache" and "session" folders and the issue was fixed like a magic.
Thank you so much for sharing your solution.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB