Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
codeigniter4 CMS

hello Mojito
Quote: Why are you using native php functions ? "session_start()
Not sure if you got from https://sourceforge.net/projects/codeigniter4cms/ or
https://notabug.org/captainsensible/codeigniter4CMS but the lazy answer is that it was convenient and just worked at the time in the way i wanted it to .

Same reason i make use of PHPMailer as well. I've cleaned up variations of it for my own use, but I put it out there as a rough diamond to be polished who ever wants to make use of it . I've had bouts of mental impairment due to grieving since i first put it out there as well .

Those in India seem to quite like it

But for improvements, hey do you want to fork it ? :^)
CMS CI4     I use Arch Linux by the way 

(10-17-2022, 06:30 PM)kenjis Wrote: You can fix coding style with https://github.com/CodeIgniter/coding-standard

What a handy tool to stick to one style, thank you!

using framework session updated https://sourceforge.net/projects/codeigniter4cms/

Get it to work first then add all the bells and whistles.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2023, 02:18 AM by captain-sensible. Edit Reason: more )

its all working on my dev , which is apache on Arch linux

Code is a bit of a dogs breakfast but then i have undiagnosed ADHD +

Thanks for sharing your approach to a very light CMS system written on top of CodeIgniter 4. I'm glad to hear that you're making your code available for general use.

It sounds like your CMS is well-suited for creating simple blogs and websites. I'm particularly interested in the following features:

One-click blog creation with text and image upload
Easy blog editing and deletion
Contact form
Image gallery
Responsive design
Bootstrap front-end
Custom SCSS
I understand that your code is not yet neat and tidy, but I'm confident that it will be a valuable resource for other CodeIgniter 4 developers. I'm also happy to see that you're using a well-established CSS framework like Bootstrap.

I'm curious to know what kind of problems you've encountered with calling a controller from a controller. This is generally considered to be a bad practice, as it can lead to code that is difficult to maintain and debug. However, I can understand why you might do this in a simple CMS system.

Overall, I think your CMS is a great starting point for anyone who wants to create a simple blog or website using CodeIgniter 4. I'm looking forward to seeing how you develop it further in the future.

Thanks again for sharing your work!

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2023, 04:25 AM by captain-sensible.)

cheers @PomaryLinea ,

I am updating the code as i am tweaking my daughters web site  and also from  feedback from a friend who used to be in printing and now does web sites using weebly . I have used a spare domain as a live Demo  at : https://andrinaboutique.com/      my friend  used the live demo and uploaded an image with a name containg "whitespace"  and chars like ( , ) ,  I    updated code to deal with that . There is the function of being able to create a blog  from a form and do it with " one click" the blog  title and and blog article can be edited .  My friend asked could he edit the blog image ? well  .. there is a limit , he will be asking if it will make coffee for him as well lol . if you are going to write a blog or you are going to be the admin for someone i took the  angle , that there must have been a little thought and preparation  for a blog .If someopne gets the image wrong, the answer is that you can delete any blog and start again.  i expect someone will have the text of the blog backed up in text as well .if you  privae message me , i will forward admin user name and password and you can play with it live , if you want. So for someone setting up ,they will set up an admin and password . They will create and sort out the static pages which include the home page, about me . Also chnage title in main web template and put a brand logo image in public directory. that should be more than easily done by even somebody that cant code . There are 2 lines to edit in the Sendmail.php Controller so that the contact form will work .After that someone can do the blog creation and gallery uplaod , deletes and edits from domain url. The data for blog and gallery goes into a sqlite databse. I guess guess if i could be bothered i could have everything like W.P in a database- but can i be bothered at the moment - no

full worldwide download distribution [Image: CI4-CMS.png]

(10-15-2022, 11:08 PM)Mojito Wrote: Code isn't very well coded.
Why are you using native php functions ? "session_start()"
also code is bad indented...

It works , so it is well coded ; perhaps you mean the layout  in terms of reading is a bit ragged ; my approach is either you can read code or you cant. I dont use seesion_start() i've updated it 

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB