Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Working with URI query strings - best practices

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2021, 05:27 AM by Corsari.)

Hello
I went searching for guides and or tutorials for the "right wise approach" (or manner/method, if you prefer) to architect and use URI query strings in Codeigniter 4, but I find only old guides for CI2 and CI1

Do you have any kind link for the argument but for CI4 or CI3 if nothing or few changed between the two

Anyway some good tip would be welcome, also if the pagination library comes into the game. E.G. filering/sorting purpose on columns displayed in a table (I don't want to make a clone of datatables , but in terms of learning, realizing a really basic sort of, would be really good and propaedeutic)

E.G.
myapp.localhost/list?page_group1=3

that thanks to a form for user interaction after some couple of click becomes

myapp.localhost/list?page_group1=3&sort=asc&sortcolumn=columnname

and retain/keep the query string when with the pagination I pass from page 3 to another page

Thank you for helping getting the right approach with this topic

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2021, 07:35 AM by Corsari.)

The first thing I have verified is that pagination builts in the retain of the query string and this is a pretty expected and interesting feature

I guessed that, so I have added a dummy query string and changing the page, the string is still there

Do you kindly know if this uses a built in method in the CodeIgniter framework or if it is a method available only in the Pager service, thank you

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB