Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Install Wordpress inside CI4 project

Hello all,
I have developed a whole site in CI4 but would now like to install wordpress in a subdirectory for a blogging section.
I saw online that with the previous version CI3 it was possibile but how to do it with CI4?
Thanks in advance!

I don't believe my case is the ideal one to answer your question, I have a private site, only local, but except for the rules for using a remote server, especially the server security, of course, it's very similar to the so-called real world.
I used CI3 and I can assure you that CI4 is much easier.
I just created a folder in public, blog, and installed wordpress in this folder. To access, http://localhost/blog. It's important to keep in mind that if you wanted, for example, just the blog, without CodeIgniter, the configuration would be the same, that is, wordpress would be installed in the area equivalent to '/public' of CodeIgniter on the server.
The entire security issue remains unchanged, the blog continues to have its own security without any contamination to CodeIgniter items.

(10-06-2021, 09:50 AM)wdeda Wrote: I don't believe my case is the ideal one to answer your question, I have a private site, only local, but except for the rules for using a remote server, especially the server security, of course, it's very similar to the so-called real world.
I used CI3 and I can assure you that CI4 is much easier.
I just created a folder in public, blog, and installed wordpress in this folder. To access, http://localhost/blog. It's important to keep in mind that if you wanted, for example, just the blog, without CodeIgniter, the configuration would be the same, that is, wordpress would be installed in the area equivalent to '/public' of CodeIgniter on the server.
The entire security issue remains unchanged, the blog continues to have its own security without any contamination to CodeIgniter items.

Hi, thanks a lot for the suggestion! I followed what you said and it is working great! Thanks!

(This post was last modified: 10-07-2021, 06:25 AM by wdeda.)

You're welcome!

By the way, let me share with you some experiences from when I had the blog alongside the site.

Still on CI3 I created a section on the website's home page where blog updates could be viewed, summarized, with the respective link to the post. It's not difficult or complicated, just identify in wordpress tables where the necessary information can be found.

As I am the site's entire audience, I have no users, although on one occasion I did a simulation of the existence of users, out of curiosity, in an attempt to learn and understand how it works, but I ended up giving up because it was not within the site's objectives .
I'm mentioning this because it's possible to avoid redundancy of user tables. I believe it will take a lot of work, just imagine the issue of privileges, but I think that the experience gained and the personal satisfaction of winning this challenge pays off, a lot!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB