Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Laravel Vs Codeigniter. A difficult choice

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2021, 10:20 PM by iRedds.)

(12-06-2021, 07:02 PM)kenjis Wrote:
(12-05-2021, 07:48 PM)iRedds Wrote: Any breaking changes are postponed to the mythical 5 version.

We have feature toggle now. So it is a bit easier to add breaking changes.
And actually breaking enhancement is introduced.
https://codeigniter4.github.io/CodeIgnit...or-a-route

If it is a huge project, the framework choice depends on the project members.
You should not decide it only because of your interest.

Feature config is not a universal solution and can only work in special cases.
It's more like a crutch.
How about a full PSR-7 (HTTP message interface) implementation? Or, removing the table name from the BaseBuilder class constructor?
You won't be able to pull this off via feature config.

@kilishan

I think you are confusing stability and stagnation.
So far, users of the CI 1/2/3 version were glad that everything was "stable" for them. Other frameworks have gone ahead using all the capabilities of the language.
I do not know the situation in the world, but in my country the dominant positions are occupied by Laravel, Symfony and Yii.
Vacancies with CodeIgniter are less than 1% and most of them are transition from CodeIgniter to another framework.

There is a direct relationship between popularity and the number of people involved in the development of the framework.

The implementation of the task scheduler and queue will add advantages, but in my opinion, the current kernel, in particular, working with databases or HTTP lacks functionality.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Laravel Vs Codeigniter. A difficult choice - by iRedds - 12-06-2021, 09:35 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB