Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Happy New Year! What's next?

Welcome to a new year, everyone!

As we look forward to the coming year, I wanted to touch base with the community and see what everyone wanted to see from future versions of CodeIgniter?

Here's the immediate bigger items that are a focus for the team:
  • Task scheduler to handle CRON job tasks
  • Queue Manager to handle jobs that are better done outside of the main event flow
  • Expanded, handler-based email system to make it simpler to integrate additional email providers, or even log the emails locally to see them

What would help you the most in your day to day jobs? What pain points would it be nice to have smoothed out?

Happy new year, @kilishan !

Since i believe that most of us are working on monolith apps where the front and backend are within the same project/code base, i think that an asset management/bundling tool would be nice to have. Something similar to Laravel Mix, (But without webpack/node involved, only PHP if possible) where one could load various JS/CSS files and compile it into a single minified file inside the public directory. Thus making Codeigniter a more fullstack framework.

(01-03-2022, 08:02 AM)Magellan Wrote: Since i believe that most of us are working on monolith apps where the front and backend are within the same project/code base, i think that an asset management/bundling tool would be nice to have. Something similar to Laravel Mix, (But without webpack/node involved, only PHP if possible) where one could load various JS/CSS files and compile it into a single minified file inside the public directory. Thus making Codeigniter a more fullstack framework.

Sorry, but I think your idea is unsuccessful.
Because there are already many powerful and popular css/js tools for nodejs. And the implementation in php of a small part is a big and useless work.

If you have the time and knowledge, then you can create a package with a set of php tools for working with css/js and ask to include it in the framework as a third-party library.

Happy New Years @kilishan .
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Hello and happy new year!
Hmm... I'm relativly new to CI und Coding, but what I did not see in the docs is a "Multilanguage Routing". As it is nice for SEO to have speaking URLs, to do so on a multilanguage site, I have to manage a lot of routes. So something like an alias in the class could take this job and if so, it is managed easily and at a location, where the routes mostly connected with.
BR

Happy new year...

What makes it little bit harder is multilingual data persistence (resource, resource_lang) tables., and hierarchy (id_parent) things. Some helpers would be nice.

@iRedds the idea of building it with only PHP is that most shared hoting platforms won't provide NodeJS.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 05:02 PM by iRedds.)

(01-04-2022, 08:51 AM)sprhld Wrote: Hello and happy new year!
Hmm... I'm relativly new to CI und Coding, but what I did not see in the docs is a "Multilanguage Routing". As it is nice for SEO to have speaking URLs, to do so on a multilanguage site, I have to manage a lot of routes. So something like an alias in the class could take this job and if so, it is managed easily and at a location, where the routes mostly connected with.
BR

https://codeigniter.com/user_guide/outgo...#in-routes

(01-04-2022, 02:43 PM)Magellan Wrote: @iRedds the idea of building it with only PHP is that most shared hoting platforms won't provide NodeJS.

You can easily build resource files locally in your developer environment, and upload the finished application to the production server.

Hi.

Hapy new year.

Is bonfire 2 already completed ?

I tried to install it but it has problems in the second step.
Code:
composer create-project lonnieezell/bonfire critormiss --stability dev
spark bf:install

PHP Warning:  require(C:\xampp8\htdocs\ci4\critormiss\app\Config/../../vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system\bootstrap.php): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp8\htdocs\ci4\critormiss\spark on line 45
Code:
Warning: require(C:\xampp8\htdocs\ci4\critormiss\app\Config/../../vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system\bootstrap.php): Failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp8\htdocs\ci4\critormiss\spark on line 45
Code:
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Failed opening required 'C:\xampp8\htdocs\ci4\critormiss\app\Config/../../vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system\bootstrap.php' (include_path='C:\xampp8\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp8\htdocs\ci4\critormiss\spark:45
Code:
Stack trace:
Code:
#0 {main}
Code:
  thrown in C:\xampp8\htdocs\ci4\critormiss\spark on line 45

i don't understand what kind of folder structure it wants, ci4
my structure is as follows (I compiled it with a composer)

Directory of C:\xampp8\htdocs\ci4

06. 01. 2022  18:23    <DIR>          .
06. 01. 2022  18:23    <DIR>          ..
20. 11. 2021  08:28    <DIR>          appstarter
20. 11. 2021  06:07                55 composer.json
20. 11. 2021  05:42            3.426 composer.lock
07. 01. 2022  15:40    <DIR>          critormiss
28. 11. 2021  17:51              916 null

I ask for an explanation

Mattep, Slovenia , Europe

It's not complete. I think that readme was recently fixed. But that's also not a wishlist for CodeIgniter. If you need support for this feel free to open a new thread. This thread is for telling what you'd like to see in CodeIgniter.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB