Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Good Reads from PHP Weekly...

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2022, 07:24 AM by php_rocs.)

Here are some good reads recommended by PHP Weekly.

The 10 Commandments of Egoless Programming (Which one is a challenge for you?) : https://medium.com/programming-philosoph...d79b9d73eb
Which PHP Framework Is Right for You? CodeIgniter vs. CakePHP vs. Laravel vs. Yii : https://dev.to/architprajapati/which-php...vs-yii-9gf

Thanks for sharing. I only read the CodeIgniter section, to be honest, and it looks like they didn't take the time to do a good article. There's a number of items incorrect in the article, and they have a copy/paste from the Laravel section in the final thoughts section. Oh well...

(02-18-2022, 08:52 PM)kilishan Wrote: There's a number of items incorrect in the article

Articles about comparing PHP frameworks are almost something like that.

Quote:With CodeIgniter 4.x, you may now leverage third-party databases, such as MongoDB, to power your applications.

I don't know what it says.

Laravel is very good at teaching by Jeffrey. The best advertising that has been created for Laravel is the good training that has been provided. Laravel is a great framework, but better than Laravel, it's instructional videos. This made Laravel so popular at this rate. On the other hand, most Laravel users have a strong desire to produce educational content, which also indirectly creates popularity.
Codigniter is powerful, version 4 of this framework has created a big but stable leap. Codigniter is strong, light and simple. But what made it less popular with writers was the lack of a credible educational resource.
At this time, Codigniter must build a powerful educational resource like Laracast.
Codigneter users are reluctant to share different topics.
Just check Twitter. Much less is said about Codigniter than Laravel.
But in fact, Codigniter has introduced itself less than it is.

(02-18-2022, 08:52 PM)kilishan Wrote: Thanks for sharing. I only read the CodeIgniter section, to be honest, and it looks like they didn't take the time to do a good article. There's a number of items incorrect in the article, and they have a copy/paste from the Laravel section in the final thoughts section. Oh well...

@kilishan,

I haven't started using CI4 yet but if you are willing to tell me where there are incorrect statements I will respond (I'm a member on Dev.to).

Don't forget that Laravel is a daughter of Codeigniter (keep in mind) that Taylor copied some of C_i forms and created Laravel at old times
Codeigniter First, Codeigniter Then You!!
yekrinaDigitals

As I'm new to PHP, I find the recommended articles to be useful. Thanks!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB