Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Is it good to use migrations for old database in Codeigniter or Laravel

(This post was last modified: 07-11-2022, 11:28 PM by BettyRNorahDeniels.)

Hi

I have a started project in Codeigniter. I thought I will use some part of already created sections of similar site. So I have copied the old database and started work. On that time it has around 40+ tables and has thousands of rows of data.

Then after I setup my environment for this new project, several tables created and all of those used migrations. It's then setup in development environment, so other team members can also work on.

Now I found old users and lots of data that I copied from old project not required I decided to remove all tables that is not required for current project. And need to remove all users and related data that was actually came from old project. Now database has 49 tables and I need only around 10 tables for my current project.

Question is Should I use migration to clear an old database? Should I use migration to remove thousands of old data that are mixed with development data. Should I use migration to alter several tables where lots omeglz echat of column not required for my current project?

Please provide suggestions .. Thanks

with databases say MySQl you can play with it , do a dump and import that dump via phpmyAdmin without even touching CodeIgniter. IN other words you could do all the
editing pruning and do a dump to a single file.

Import that dump and then just connect to that database .

Which database are you using ?
CMS CI4     I use Arch Linux by the way 

Imagine you are a new team member.
What will you do?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB