Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 4 Has Been Awesome
Heart 
(This post was last modified: 03-23-2022, 04:05 PM by donpwinston.)

Just thought I'd post this. I work as a web developer for a private company contracted by the US Federal Court System.  I'm a former Java programmer but nowadays primarily a Drupal/PHP developer for various reasons. I chose CodeIgniter 4.0 for some new applications I needed to develop for the US Courts System that did not require a content management system like Drupal. I considered Laravel, Symfony, and CodeIgniter. I chose CodeIgniter because of its simplicity.  (I came close to choosing Symfony because that is what Drupal is based on now but decided against it in the end). 
It was a little risky because CI4.0 was only an alpha version at the time and I did not want to use CI3 and have to rewrite the apps later.  I actually had two applications using an alpha version of CI in production for over a year.
This has turned out to be a great decision. Everything worked out and CI4 has proven to be a stellar development platform. The US federal government now has three of my applications using CodeIgniter 4 serving the public.
Simpler is always better

It JUST more great. I always feel on top of the when create new project with CI4

Thanks for the kind words! Glad you are enjoying it

I just started making the switch to CI4 as a CI3 user hold out. I've been looking it over for about a week now and it's pretty awesome.

I have been using CodeIgniter 4 since it started and it just amazes me.

Not only that we have one great Development Team.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB