Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
SQL Server with custom port

Using SQL Server with default port (1433) is work well. But when we use custom port, the .env or config field database.nls.port = 5000, its not given any effect, didn't work.
So, I tried to change connection syntax inside Connection.php core class CodeIgniter\Database\SQLSRV\Connection.

My questions:
1. Is this a bug ? because field database.nls.port (.env) or $default['port'] (config) doesn't work if we use custom port (especially for SQLSRV)
2. How do we override this Connection class. (Yes, I already read in the doc, create our own class, and register in autoload, but it didn't work).

Thank you.

I found this documentation at Microsoft:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/con...rver-ver16

It looks like you need to add the port to the hostname.
$serverName = "myServer, 1521";  
sqlsrv_connect( $serverName );      

in system/Database/SQLSRV/Connection.php at Line 123
PHP Code:
sqlsrv_configure('WarningsReturnAsErrors'0);
$this->connID sqlsrv_connect($this->hostname$connection); 

to test it change it to:
PHP Code:
sqlsrv_configure('WarningsReturnAsErrors'0);
$port = empty($this->port) ? '' ', '.$this->port;
$this->connID sqlsrv_connect($this->hostname.$port$connection); 

if that works, it's a bug. I can't test it right now because I don't have access to an sql server

(05-23-2022, 08:19 PM)ilyani Wrote: Using SQL Server with default port (1433) is work well. But when we use custom port, the .env or config field database.nls.port = 5000, its not given any effect, didn't work.
So, I tried to change connection syntax inside Connection.php core class CodeIgniter\Database\SQLSRV\Connection.

My questions:
1. Is this a bug ? because field database.nls.port (.env) or $default['port'] (config) doesn't work if we use custom port (especially for SQLSRV)
2. How do we override this Connection class. (Yes, I already read in the doc, create our own class, and register in autoload, but it didn't work).

Thank you.

Here file I modified, connect() method Connection.php for SQLSRV under /vendor/codeigniter4/framework/system/Database/SQLSRV/Connection.php 

from this

PHP Code:
$this->connID sqlsrv_connect($this->hostname$connection);

to this

PHP Code:
$this->connID sqlsrv_connect($this->hostname ', ' $this->port$connection);

How to override this Connection class, without direct modify like this?

Thanks

1. This is a bug.
2. If I'm not mistaken, you can't replace just the connection class. You need to fully implement the driver.

See
a simple way to extend the Database classes
https://forum.codeigniter.com/thread-782...#pid383813

Can you help try to specify the port in hostname 'hostname' => 'host, port',
I don't know if this will work.

This bug was fixed in the `develop` branch.
https://github.com/codeigniter4/CodeIgniter4/pull/6036

And it would be included in v4.2.0.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB