Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How are you writing CSS?

As the title suggests, today we have various hurdles - CSS grid, flexbox, bootstrap, responsive media queries, scoped css inside components, tailwind.

What if it was much simpler?

Old video but still instructive, will it change the way we're doing thing probably not. Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie-gqwSHQr0
Practical guide to IgnitedCMS - Book coming soon, www.ignitedcms.com

Well, I find it really interesting to see people are having difficulty in writing CSS. I'm coming from a web design background (still doing it) and can code/design a complete project, not only a CSS sheet, without wireframes, sketches, figma or PSD.

The thing I find a bit funny is CSS was first used together with html, then it was seperated and now the new generation who knows only js frameworks as a developer, which personally I find over-hyped, cannot code a simple CSS but make their html look like old way by using tailwind or bootstrap so much.

Sounds interestsing to me. Is CSS really hard?

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2022, 01:02 PM by ignitedcms.)

Can't say much as I'm not too experienced, but CSS in teams, tends to be an issue at scale. BTW, love what you've done with the new website, I remember being part of the trello board, and it was good to put faces to the names of some of the regulars and the higher members of the board, also deeply saddened to hear about Jim.
Practical guide to IgnitedCMS - Book coming soon, www.ignitedcms.com

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB