Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 4.2

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2022, 09:14 AM by MGatner.)

Hi all- very pleased to announce the next much-needed release of the framework: version 4.2.0! This brings a ton of updates and new features, which you should definitely go read about *right now*: https://codeigniter.com/user_guide/chang...4.2.0.html
A few things I want to highlight:
  • The minimum PHP version has been increased to 7.4. Composer should ignore this version for 7.3 environments, but be careful not to do a manual update if you haven't migrated yet!
  • There are a number of breaking changes that you should review for relevancy to your projects, but this one applies to everybody:

Quote:The CodeIgniter\CodeIgniter class has a new property $context and it must have the correct context at runtime. So the following files have been changed: public/index.php, spark
  • (You must update those files for your project to work; read the release notes for more details!)
  • Lots of enhancements but two new component classes to highlight, first the "Improved Auto Routing" (opt-in) brings a more secure alternative to the traditional way of mapping URLs to routes
  • ... and the long-awaited OCI8 driver for Oracle databases, supporting SQL and PL/SQL statements
  • And, just because it amounts to so much: hundreds of bugs fixed and small improvements (three months worth)
With this release we hope to be back on a regular monthly-ish release cycle for bugfix patches. Planned for the next minor release will be the refactored version of the Email class, and more.
While I have you, be sure to check out our updated list of "official packages" that has been growing quietly: https://codeigniter.com/user_guide/libra...kages.html
... including the just-release "Shield" for authentication and authorization (check out Lonnie's announcement here: https://forum.codeigniter.com/showthread.php?tid=82003).

As always a GIANT shoutout to the team who has volunteered countless hours of code contributions and numerous more behind-the-scenes conversations and planning to make this happen.
And always, thanks to all the contributors and supporters (that's YOU!) from the community! Code on.

I have to second @MGatner with the GIANT shoutout to everyone on the team working behind the scenes to keep this ball rolling. They have done a fantastic job. And especially to @kenji who has been tireless since they joined the team and, I believe, is celebrating their first release with us. Couldn't have done it without you!

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2022, 11:43 AM by datamweb.)

I thank all of you, your efforts are indescribable.
Special thanks to @kenjis very active members.
In addition to his technical knowledge and expertise, he is very good-natured and helpful.
In addition to learning programming, I learn ethics from him.
he motivates me, he is wonderful.

Congratulations to the CI team.
Thank you all for the great effort and good work done.
So excited to have this new release Smile

Kudo's to @kenjis he has been doing a really great job here!

Thank you Development Team for all your hard work.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

I built my site around the idea of easily finding the controller method just by looking at the url. Now it is all thrown out the window and I have to route literally "Hundreds" of ajax and form urls and also rename probably close to a hundred methods with "get,post,put, etc.." parameters... I feel betrayed.... is there a way to make the old way work in version 4.2.1? because I am already dying trying to maintain a fully featured social networking site and then these drastic changes happen.... do you guys hate me.. I love CI but.... T_T

Great news! Thanks to the dev team!

thanks to Codeigniter Team & all the contributors

(This post was last modified: 06-04-2022, 03:19 PM by kenjis.)

(06-04-2022, 05:01 AM)seighth Wrote: I built my site around the idea of easily finding the controller method just by looking at the url. Now it is all thrown out the window and I have to route literally "Hundreds" of ajax and form urls and also rename probably close to a hundred methods with "get,post,put, etc.." parameters... I feel betrayed.... is there a way to make the old way work in version 4.2.1? because I am already dying trying to maintain a fully featured social networking site and then these drastic changes happen.... do you guys hate me.. I love CI but.... T_T

The only change in v4.2.0 is the default setting of auto routing has been changed to be disabled.
If you enabled auto routing in your Routes.php (you definitely enabled), it is still enabled.

In short, auto routing (legacy) works in 4.x.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB