Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
crud operations within datatables

we are using Pik admin panel, and want to write a page which will contains only Datatable for CRUD operations, please help with a Link to step by step guide.
regards
Newbie here in CodeIgniter World !! Please appologize if any nonsense from me.  
environment: Windows 10, XAMPP 3.3.0, VS Code, SQLyog Community Ed. 

(06-30-2022, 04:01 AM)Ahmed Haroon Wrote: we are using Pik admin panel, and want to write a page which will contains only Datatable for CRUD operations, please help with a Link to step by step guide.
regards

I do not know Pik admin panel but here is a tutorial for CI4, datatables and covers CRUD.

https://www.tutsmake.com/codeigniter-4-a...ap-modals/

There are lots of materials covering this and even in these forums. You just need to search.

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2022, 10:25 PM by Ahmed Haroon.)

thanks @spreaderman for the link. i searched but various i found that are using datatables just to view and select a row for Edit/Delete actions and had a button on top for Create action NOT within a row to Add more row(s). i do not want to use any "form" but just grid (like: datatables) for all 3 actions.
i will check this and confirm here.
regards

(This post was last modified: 07-03-2022, 11:46 PM by Ahmed Haroon.)

hi @spreaderman  i read the code of book_view.php its function add_book()

PHP Code:
function add_book()
{
save_method 'add';
$(
'#form')[0].reset(); // reset form on modals
$('#modal_form').modal('show'); // show bootstrap modal
//$('.modal-title').text('Add Person'); // Set Title to Bootstrap modal title

this will open a Modal form ... so, this is what i am Not looking for. already mentioned in my first post of this topic that " only Datatable for CRUD operations "
regards
screenshot: (like this)
[Image: Datatables-Add-Update-Delete.jpg]

Codeigniter 4 CRUD with Datatables Example
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

@InsiteFX

very sorry for any inconvenience.
already mentioned that need CRUD example which using ONLY Datatables and nothing else. No form or Modal form for Add/Edit actions.
in my screenshot, highlighted buttons in every row is to Add a row for Create action (create new record). 
hope this cleared.
regards

(06-30-2022, 04:01 AM)Ahmed Haroon Wrote: we are using Pik admin panel, and want to write a page which will contains only Datatable for CRUD operations, please help with a Link to step by step guide.
regards

You can try Datatables editor

https://editor.datatables.net/examples/i...utton.html

[Image: image.png]

thanks @nfaiz 
in a first look, i think this is what i want but is there anything i can have those buttons New/Edit/Delete with every row like in my screenshot (it means it is possible)? because this will by annoying that to add a New row user should go up and insert a new row to create a record.
will check it and discuss more experts for How To's.
regards

You can take a look at this, it's an AdminLTE backend using Myth/Auth and DataTables.

Packages Boilerplate

Most of it is in jQuery
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

thank you @InsiteFX trying to help us. will check it too.
regards

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB