Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Add unique key to existing column with Forge

Hello,
How to add two column unique key to existing table? 
Best Regards,
ST

(This post was last modified: 08-17-2022, 01:35 PM by captain-sensible. Edit Reason: wasn't paying attention he said via Forge so added last sentence )

lets look at an example of table creation :

Code:
CREATE TABLE "admin" (
    `Id`    INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT UNIQUE,
    `Name`    TEXT,
    `Password`    TEXT,
    `Role`    TEXT
)

In the above the id field is set to be an integer , its a primary key and unique. So entries might be 1,2,3 etc the entries are integers and also unique, there can only be
one 3, one 2 . Also the creation is set to autoincrement . This takes the headache to a degree of only having one instance, because if the last entry was 2, then the next one will be done to 3 ,without thinking.

Now the other thing is i can not have another field called id, i could have a field called ID, and have characteristic of unique also with integers . So i could have also 1.2 ,3
but to my understanding, there can only be one primary key.

So suppose you created a table but forgot to add a field called 'id' if it were a sqlite3 table my approach would be to use sqlitebrowser ( https://sqlitebrowser.org/) ; its an easy GUI and you would simply if on Linux get ot from your repo.

eg :

Code:
[andrew@darkstar:~][1]$ sudo pacman -Qi sqlitebrowser                     (08-17 21:28)
Name            : sqlitebrowser
Version         : 3.12.2-2
Description     : SQLite Database browser is a light GUI editor for SQLite databases,
                  built on top of Qt
im on Arch and got my via pacman . So its simply a case of opening a database , edit-> modify table using perhaps "execute sql" or manually. if you have a MySQl or Maria then phpMyAdmin from memory same approach

Now i just typed all that , then looked at the title WITH Forge - so i guess its not going to be much help. But you know what i will leave it for
those new to databases
CMS CI4     I use Arch Linux by the way 

Code:
$this->forge->addField([
            'id' => [
                'type' => 'VARCHAR',
                'constraint' => 100,
                'null' => false,
            ],
            'account_id' => [
                'type' => 'INT',
                'constraint' => 10,
                'unsigned' => true,
            ],
            'code' => [
                'type' => 'VARCHAR',
                'constraint' => 150
            ],
            'name' => [
                'type' => 'VARCHAR',
                'constraint' => 250
            ],
            'created_at' => [
                'type' => 'DATETIME'
            ],
            'updated_at' => [
                'type' => 'TIMESTAMP'
            ]
        ])
            ->addPrimaryKey('id')
            ->addForeignKey('account_id', 'core_accounts', 'id', 'CASCADE', 'CASCADE')
            ->createTable('attribute_group', true);

Now in this instance primary key is added. need to update this table to add unique key here is scenario 'code' field need to be unique based on 'account_id'. A unique key 'account_id_code' is required here.
Best Regards,
ST

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB