Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Escaping issue with my code and/or database?

[eluser]err403_love[/eluser]
Oh, I see. I'll have to check.

Robust, indeed. I'll have to weigh the benefits then.. I don't want my content displaying semi-colons for no good reason. (Because, like I said, why doesn't it instead store ampersands as their HTML entities in a database? That's the same as inserting random semi-colons.)

Any control over that specific function? I haven't delved much into the system folder, but I believe I may be able to change it by using a hook, or just by extending the library (if it is a library)?

Or is there some way to bypass it before running my UPDATE query? I think those characters SHOULD be stored as their HTML entities, and like I already said I'm not sure why they aren't..

Thanks for your reply.

Messages In This Thread
Escaping issue with my code and/or database? - by El Forum - 05-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Escaping issue with my code and/or database? - by El Forum - 05-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Escaping issue with my code and/or database? - by El Forum - 05-12-2008, 10:44 PM
Escaping issue with my code and/or database? - by El Forum - 05-12-2008, 11:04 PM
Escaping issue with my code and/or database? - by El Forum - 05-13-2008, 06:29 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB