Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
AuthGroups init pb with shield:setup ?

hi,
(sorry for my poor english)
I use ci4.2.6 with shield.
getPermissions() give me null when I only map permission to groups in AuthGroups.php (it seems database isn't correctly populated with shield : setup).
But, getPermissions() is ok when I use addPermission() (database is correctly populated after addPermission() use).
Any idea ?
Thanks for advance.

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2022, 06:28 AM by gosocial2. Edit Reason: improved expressions )

As a Myth/Auth user, I experienced a similar thing when I gave CodeIgniter Shield a try and saw that there is no groups table created at all.

I thought maybe it's under development (not done yet) and/or the users need to put in place their own implementation. There does not appear to be a clear approach for this in the documentation, or did I miss something?

Once this is cleared out, I can even come up with a fairly straight forward approach for migrating Myth/Auth data to Shield.

How would you migrate your Myth/Auth user groups to Shield, for example?

CodeIgniter Wizard (CRUD code generator for Mac) instantly scaffolds Bootstrap-based web applications with an administrative interface (admin templates include Bootstrap5)

See here, it might help you:

https://github.com/codeigniter4/shield/discussions/448

I just checked and the migration does have the code in it to create the auth_groups_users

Make sure you run the migrations.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB