Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Google Captcha implementation.

(This post was last modified: 09-26-2022, 01:48 PM by davecoventry.)

I'm trying to impement the google captcha mechanism using the libraries here: https://github.com/mehdibo/Codeigniter-recaptcha

I keep getting an error saying that "Undefined property: App\Controllers\SignupController::$load "

[Image: Screenshot-20220926-223826.png]
~ Dave

This library is for CI3.x and below.

(09-26-2022, 04:27 PM)iRedds Wrote: This library is for CI3.x and below.

Sheeesh.

You know how long I've been struggling to work out what I'm doing wrong?

Angry
~ Dave

If the instructions for installing the captchav3 helper talks about "In the .env file you need to add your personal ReCaptcha keys.", where do I find this .env file?

I see there is file called 'env' in the root example.com, but there is also one in example.com/vendor/codeigniter4/framework/

Do I edit both of these?
~ Dave

See https://codeigniter4.github.io/CodeIgnit...odeigniter

You should not edit any file in vendor/. These are managed by Composer.

Thabks.

Much appreciated.

When the documentation refers to a '.env' file (with a dot preceding the filename), is this the same as 'env' without the dot?

It's a little ambiguous because the dot can be used in regular expression to indicate the start of the string, or, in a microsoft context as a hidden file, or a file extension.
~ Dave

Is the following explanation difficult to understand?

Quote:CodeIgniter expects .env to be at the root of your project alongside the app directories. There is a template file distributed with CodeIgniter that’s located at the project root named env (Notice there’s no dot (.) at the start?). It has a large collection of variables your project might use that have been assigned empty, dummy, or default values. You can use this file as a starting place for your application by either renaming the template to .env, or by making a copy of it named .env.

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2022, 03:39 AM by davecoventry.)

Thanks, my question is answered in the link you sent.

I responded before I actually read it.
~ Dave

Forgive me for asking another question, but the Readme.md describes a file called "/app/Config/Validation.php"

I don't appear to have this file: do I just create it? I can't see how it is called.
~ Dave

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB