Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
(RESOLVED)Get Data From View to Another View?

[eluser]zimco[/eluser]
Is there any way to pass some data from a view file back to another controller through a href link or some other method to generate another view with only that data?

I have a view file that generates a table of all race finishes for one racing participant by date of all races they participated in, but i also want to be able to allow the user to click on a particular race date link that will take them to another view file that shows an html table of the complete race results for all participants in that race on that date. The html table of complete race results data is already available to the first view file as it is brought in as part of the original query, but how can i get that same data passed on to generate another view if the user clicks on the date link? The data being passed would be a fully coded html table ready to dump directly into another view file.

I hope that makes some sense but have supplied a picture of the first generated table in the view file so you can visually see what i am trying to explain: When a user clicks on the date link in the picture, i want to be able to dump the html table of all participants in that race into a new view file for them to review.

Messages In This Thread
(RESOLVED)Get Data From View to Another View? - by El Forum - 05-15-2008, 11:09 AM
(RESOLVED)Get Data From View to Another View? - by El Forum - 05-15-2008, 11:25 AM
(RESOLVED)Get Data From View to Another View? - by El Forum - 05-15-2008, 04:50 PM
(RESOLVED)Get Data From View to Another View? - by El Forum - 05-15-2008, 05:01 PM
(RESOLVED)Get Data From View to Another View? - by El Forum - 05-16-2008, 07:46 AM
(RESOLVED)Get Data From View to Another View? - by El Forum - 05-16-2008, 09:17 AM
(RESOLVED)Get Data From View to Another View? - by El Forum - 05-16-2008, 11:54 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB