Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeExtinguisher 2.0 Release Candidate 14.2

[eluser]daulex[/eluser]
dude, when will this be updated to the latest CI version ?

[eluser]abmcr[/eluser]
I think no need to update for the latest vesrion of CI (i have not try to use CE with CI last) because the last CI version don't modify the Database class or other class....

[eluser]matthewr[/eluser]
Hi JTaby, just a few questions:

1. Even if a delete the Example table, whenever i login it redirects to the Example page. This is very annoying. How do i change this?

2. How do I get rid of the View Modes: and Themes: options at the bottom. I do not want my user to be able to select his theme or view mode.

3. How do I get rid of that specify permissions for this item link?

Many thanks!
Matt

[eluser]Thoer[/eluser]
The first one is easy, change the default_controller in config/routes.php

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
It is very bad idea to load all records at once from tables. I have table with thousands records. Is there way to not load all records from the tables? How to prevent this?

[eluser]BeingDefined[/eluser]
I love the new design. But I'm having some design problems over at my end. The preview hosted at your site looks perfectly fine but my local install displays like this: http://i30.tinypic.com/24q8xlv.png. Notice the scroll bar, the table just seem stretch on for ever. I am using 14.2 and I have tried it on windows/linux and firefox2/firefox3. Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

[eluser]matthewr[/eluser]
jTaby, still there??

[eluser]got 2 doodle[/eluser]
I am working on an application that will require one super user (me) and members who can have access to manage their own data. Since I don't want to re-invent the wheel I wonder if anyone could give me some strategic direction on how best to accomplish this with CodeExtinguisher.

I see that a user access level is part of the system already, with predefined access levels set in config/access_levels.php.

I assume that I will have to test the access_level of the user logging in, but where is it best to do this? And what functionality is already built into Codex for this scenario.

any idea what
Code:
$config['codex_trust_mode']         = "true";
is on line 26 of config/codex.php?

Any help would be much appreciated, especially if accompanied with code examples.

Thanks,
doodle

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
here's how it works:

1) the admin user can do anything anywhere
2) the creator of a record can specify permissions on his own records
3) other users can edit a record only if they are given explicit permission by that record's creator

According to those rules, if a certain record doesn't have any permissions specified for it, then only the creator and the admin user can access it. If you would like to "trust" all users with non restricted records, then you set trust mode to true.

[eluser]hazy[/eluser]
This is my first time of trying with Codex and unfortunately I have a problem right away! I downloaded this RC and followed the wiki install instructions. All good. DB updated fine, user record created. But when directed to backend.php I get a raft of PHP errors, mostly it seems with plugin/image.php and and undefine property Image::$params. Also an undefined method Image:ConfusedetWrappers().

Any ideas what I did wrong?

CI 1.6.3
MySQL 5.0

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB