Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeExtinguisher 2.0 Release Candidate 14.2

[eluser]Remko Posthuma[/eluser]
First of all: I like CodeExtinguisher. It's easy and flexibel just the way I like to use it.
The first problem I run into is that fields of datatype float don't initially show-up. After making a YAML file defining the floating fields as TextBoxes they show-up. It looks like the float datatype is not mapped to any field type. Keep up the good work and I'm waiting to download a new version...

[eluser]xpix[/eluser]
my problems on MAMP clean install,
Code:
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Filename: plugins/image.php

Line Number: 38

Severity: Warning

Message: array_key_exists() [function.array-key-exists]: The second argument should be either an array or an object

Line Number: 38

Line Number: 48

Severity: Warning

Message: array_key_exists() [function.array-key-exists]: The second argument should be either an array or an object

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Image::setWrappers() in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/11886accountingjobposting/codex/application/libraries/codexforms.php on line 58

Any ideas?

[eluser]Majd Taby[/eluser]
look through this thread, lots of people have reported the same issue, it usually happens under windows, but changing the relative path in plugins/image.php to an absolute path fixes it.

[eluser]xpix[/eluser]
found it, fixed it

line 21 of plugins/image.php
include_once(APPPATH.'/plugins/file.php'); /* old code = include_once("file.php"); */

Thx

[eluser]Paul T[/eluser]
[quote author="Palino" date="1216555336"]

Can i do something similar with data coming from ManyToMany plugin? Is it possible to filter it?

Palino[/quote]

[quote author="jTaby" date="1216587465"]no, but you can very easily add that functionality[/quote]

jTaby, I think this is what I meant in that other thread.

I'm afraid I have no idea where to begin. I'm fairly new to CI, and definitely new to Codex, but I need to include this ability in a solution I'm working on. I'm willing to put the time and effort into learning and implementing this, but would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction so I don't end up wasting a bunch of time.

On another subject, how would I go about changing which tables are accessible based on a particular permissions level? For example, I do not want to allow any user without level 3 permissions to be able to even see the users table / Users Registration crud section.

Btw, jTaby--I really like Codex. It's very polished! Thanks so much for sharing this time-saving code.

~Paul

[eluser]xpix[/eluser]
Is this for me?

After of 2 hours trying to get to understand CodeExtinguisher I am wondering if this is for me.
First of all I have no clue where to start even if I read the documentation.

What am I trying to achieve:

frontend and backend application

frontend: - company posts jobs
- logged users can view the jobs assigned to them by the administrator
- users can apply for the job
- users can mark what job they've got

backend: - administrator approves jobs
- adds users(username and passwords)
- assigns which jobs can be viewed by which users
- admin can see diffrent statistics

I am finding that it is easier to do the whole thing myself than using CodeExtinguisher.

PS: I would really like to start learning CodeExtinguisher but I am not sure I want to invest to much time on learning it.

Paul, If you go to RelationalContainer, chage the getAllForeignRecords function from:

Code:
$query = $this->CI->db->get($this->foreign_table);
        return $query->result_array();

To:

Code:
$this->CI->db->from($this->foreign_table);
        foreach($this->params['access_restriction'] as $k=>$v){
            $this->CI->db->where($k,$v);
        }
        return $query->get()->result_array();

I haven't inspected or tried the code, but assuming it works, you'll be able to do this in your YAML file

Code:
second_table:
    class: ManyToMany
    params:
        access_restriction:
            field: value

[quote author="xpix" date="1217283793"]Is this for me?

After of 2 hours trying to get to understand CodeExtinguisher I am wondering if this is for me.
First of all I have no clue where to start even if I read the documentation.

What am I trying to achieve:

frontend and backend application

frontend: - company posts jobs
- logged users can view the jobs assigned to them by the administrator
- users can apply for the job
- users can mark what job they've got

backend: - administrator approves jobs
- adds users(username and passwords)
- assigns which jobs can be viewed by which users
- admin can see diffrent statistics
[/quote]

Yeah, the documentation is extremely lacking, I have nothing to add to that, it's one of the big problems with codex that i'm gonna tackle in the next version.

CodeExtinguisher is designed to generate a backend. However, it was designed abstractly enough that you can simply drag and drop the libraries from the codex/application/libraries folder into your system/libraries folder, without breaking CE, while opening up those libraries to your frontend application. In other words, it allows you to share the libraries between all your applications.

Using the bundled codex libraries, you can automatically generate complex and intricate (or simple) forms extremely easily, use the login library to have auth, use the messaging library to relay messages ect.

NOTE: If you want to share the plugins (which you would have to in order to use the codexforms library, you also need to drag them from codex/plugins to system/plugins

In you specific case however, it appears as though you want to have two "backends", one for the administrators, and another for the users.

There are two ways to do this, either using the same codex application, or using two separate applications. I'd recommend the latter simply for security reasons.

As far as statistics, CodeExtinguisher doesn't offer that, but if you build it, i'll happily add it to the official download (and give you proper credit, obviously).

[eluser]unsub[/eluser]
Hello
I am having trouble, and wondering if anyone might have a tip:

I can't seem to make Codex file plugin accept anything but images and mp3s. I have tried changing in the definition, the form controller, and in the plugin controller, but no dice. I'm sure I'm missing something.
Basically, I need to be able to expand what the system will allow - I need to be able to upload PDF files, and FLV or MOV files. Ogg would be nice too. Obviously if someone knows how to expand the allowed file types, then I could add whatever I want Smile
Any hints?

Bless you, jTaby - may the all knowing Zeus bestow his grace on thee!

thanks for the ego ticking Tongue

i doubt it's a problem with codex, The file plugin is just an interface to the file upload library shipped with codex

p.s. it might actually be an unintended codex restriction.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB