Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
codeigniter 4 email not sending

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2022, 03:51 AM by ManjotSnithcarl.)

I'm using codeIgniter 4 with xampp, I have problem of sending email using smtp protocol.

Unable to send email using PHP SMTP. Your server might not be configured to send mail using this method.

I configured the php.ini and sendmail.ini in omegle xampp and the developerbook chatrandom same error occurred please help

Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2020 16:12:50 -0500
Return-Path: <xxxxx>
To: received mail
Subject: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=45=6D=61=69=6C=20=54=65=73=74?=
Reply-To: <sender mail>
User-Agent: codeigniter
X-Sender: sender mail
X-Mailer:codeigniter
X-Priority: 3 (Normal)
Mime-Version: 1.0

two things i don't like about Xampp on Linux

1) There is no zip download as far as i can see, so you have to download a "run file" and run an install; so there is no way to navigate files without runing the installer.
2) Its an embbed system, so edits to native php.ini will have no affect.

Anyway you have to find xampp own version of php.ini and edit that.

I think there may be a sendmail.ini where you set up ports. eg smtp_port=587

I'm going to give you an alternative PHPMailer https://packagist.org/packages/phpmailer/phpmailer

What i like about PHPMailer is that it works from a website which is being developed from localhost context. So you can get it working while developing ,set up using gmail as i did if you want etc before going live
CMS CI4     I use Arch Linux by the way 

(11-09-2022, 03:19 AM)captain-sensible Wrote: two things i don't like about Xampp on Linux

1) There is no zip download as far as i can see, so you have to download  a "run file" and run an install; so there is no way to navigate  files without runing the installer.
2) Its an embbed system, so  edits to native php.ini will have no affect.

Anyway you have to find xampp own version of php.ini  and edit that.

I think there may be a sendmail.ini where you set up ports. eg smtp_port=587

I'm going to give you an alternative PHPMailer https://packagist.org/packages/phpmailer/phpmailer

What i like about PHPMailer is that  it works from a website  which is being developed from localhost  context. So you can get it working while developing ,set up using gmail as i did if you want etc before going live

1) https://sourceforge.net/projects/xampp/f...ws/8.1.10/  << Allows me to download .zip?
2) Windows:   c:\xampp\php\php.ini        Linux: /opt/lamp/etc/php.ini

My answer:
-----------------------
CodeIgniter 4 allows you to set SMTP credentials, within  App/Config/Email.php or through the .env file.
The build-in core class has multiple solutions to debug and modify it's settings, it doesn't require additional packages that basicly does the same.

Also check error.log and debug.log in sendmail folder.

If your on Windows and you must use CodeIgniter 4 Email Class then you can use this tool, It's what I use for testing.

Test Mail Server Tool

Download at bottom of page.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB