Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How to access request in ResourcePresenter?

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2022, 03:55 AM by rich8374.)

I have created a simple ResourcePresenter, here is an example command: php spark make:controller books --restful presenter

What is the best practice way of accessing the IncomingRequest class in any of the methods?
I'm used to it being provided for me when using standard controllers which extend from BaseController.

Thanks in advance.

$this->request

(11-24-2022, 05:42 AM)kenjis Wrote: $this->request

good point, $this->request does exist but I can't call $this->request->getPost() on it, whereas I can when a controller extends BaseController.

In a ResourcePresenter $this->request is of type CodeIgniter\HTTP\RequestInterface.
In a controller extending BaseController $this->request is type CodeIgniter\HTTP\IncomingRequest.

So what's the recommended way of getting a request of type CodeIgniter\HTTP\IncomingRequest into a ResourcePresenter?

(11-24-2022, 05:53 AM)rich8374 Wrote: $this->request does exist but I can't call $this->request->getPost() on it, whereas I can when a controller extends BaseController.

Why not?
You can call it.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2022, 01:27 AM by rich8374.)

You're right, I've just tried it and I can use it fine.  I use Visual Studo Code as an editor and that was complaining that the getPost method wasn't found, I believed it without testing it.
The lesson I've learnt here is not to rely too much on the editor tools!
Thanks.

@rich8374 Strictly speaking, the Visual Studo Code warning is not wrong.
In fact, there are the issues in CI4 framework code.

But anyway, the request object in the controller is always IncommingRequest if it is a web request.
So you can call its methods.

Thanks.
If anyone else is using Visual Studio Code with the PHP Intelephense extension, if you want to get rid of the 'Undefined method' problem, add the following class variable and @var tag to document the data type for Intelephense:
Code:
/** @var \CodeIgniter\HTTP\IncomingRequest $request */
protected $request;

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB