Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Poll: Do you find this project useful?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
75.00%
6 75.00%
No
25.00%
2 25.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Simple Breadcrumb Library

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2022, 05:25 AM by Geeklabs.)

Hi everyone

Its been a while since i've been here and havent really had time to work on any new projects or update / expand any of my previous projects. But i'm now dedicated to committing more of my time to the projects i feel enhance codeigniter.

One of my older projects Ci4 Breadcrumbs has just had a major overhaul and wanted to share it with you all.

Version 2.0.9 has had a few major changes. Mainly on how you install the library. The entire library has been re-packaged and now has support to publish the core file to your application.
The publishing command will create a new directly called 'modules' within your app folder. Why 'modules' ? Because we plan on releasing several easy to install modules that can be installed and keeps your application structure neat and organised.

You now have the options of either manually building your breadcrumbs or using the auto builder. The auto builder takes your URI string and breaks it down into a bootstrap breadcrumb.
We have also added the option to build your breadcrumbs using the awesome HalfMoon CSS framework. More CSS frameworks will be added in V3.0

If you have any specific CSS frameworks you would like support for please let me know and i will add these.
Take a look and give it a test drive, let me know if you encounter any problems by submitting an issue on Github.
https://github.com/GeekLabsUK/CI4-Breadcrumbs

I will also be posting a poll with all of my new projects to see if you find this project useful. This allows me to see what projects are worth the time for me to continue developing.

Thanks, good voice.

Quote:If you dont publish to your project and are calling the library from the vendors folder you will need to modify the config file located at 'vendor/geeklabs/ci4-breadcrumbs/src/config/config.php' manually to select the correct css framework.

No, thanks.
You don't want anybody to update anything in your vendor directory.

Great! Thank you for your good work!!

(12-19-2022, 01:06 AM)ashaggy Wrote:
Quote:If you dont publish to your project and are calling the library from the vendors folder you will need to modify the config file located at 'vendor/geeklabs/ci4-breadcrumbs/src/config/config.php' manually to select the correct css framework.

No, thanks.

Yes, it is very bad practice. It will be lost when you update the library.

No, thanks.
Good point!

In all honesty its best to publish the files to your project.

I think i will create a work around where users who do not publish can select the css framework they are using when building the breadcrumbs from within the controller

(12-19-2022, 09:44 AM)Geeklabs Wrote:

No, thanks.
Good point!

In all honesty its best to publish the files to your project.

I think i will create a work around where users who do not publish can select the css framework they are using when building the breadcrumbs from within the controller
Why not publish only the config file (of course, it should be renamed to sth like Breadcrumbs.php). That is the usual way to go about it.
==

Donatas G.

Hello everyone!

I am part of a Codeigniter community in Spanish called CiHispano where we developed a library for breadcrumbs, I leave you the link, we hope to receive feedback as we are working on improvements for it.

GitLab Profile: https://gitlab.com/cihispano.org

Packagist Profile: https://packagist.org/packages/cihispano/breadcrumbs

Telegram Server: https://t.me/CodeIgniterEnEspanol

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB