Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How to upgrade CodeIgniter from version 4.1.3 to 4.1.4

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2022, 03:55 AM by captain-sensible. Edit Reason: typo )

I agree with Kenjis but if you wanted to upgrade in stages, so to take into account the consequence of upgrading in small chunks , checking and taking things slowly. Then you can manually go from release to release .

So you should have at your web root a composer.json file if you installed using as per docs . It will look something like this:

Code:
"require": {
        "php": "^7.4 || ^8.0",
        "codeigniter4/framework": "^4.0"
    },

Basically if you ran the command
Code:
composer create-project codeigniter4/appstarter --no-dev
today you would get the latest version

the caret before the 4.0 in the line "codeigniter4/framework": "^4.0" would make your system upgrade to the next latest release if you run :

Code:
composer update

in your case if you edited in composer.json the line containing codeigniter4/framework to somethinglike

Code:
"codeigniter4/framework": "4.1.4",

then run

Code:
composer update

your debug bar should then show 4.1.4

you read the docs check files say at /vendor/codeigniter4/framework/public/index.php with files you have webroot/public/index.php

make sure your happy then you go then re-edit the composer.json to
Code:
"codeigniter4/framework": "4.1.5",
//then again run composer update

Laborious i agree , but hey I come from Slackware Linux ...you would at least be able to take things in small chunks
CMS CI4     I use Arch Linux by the way 

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to upgrade CodeIgniter from version 4.1.3 to 4.1.4 - by captain-sensible - 12-31-2022, 03:54 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB